Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

fiberglass hoods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 04:51 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: fiberglass hoods?

you could always just make one. me and a friend did it once for a stratus. we covered the hood and got about 3 layers down, then pulled it off. layered the bottom till the overall was about half an inch thick. then got a set of the hinges from a junkyard along with the front hook, then bolted those on, next sand, bondo, sand till smooth - paint and attach. never had a problem in the year in a half he had it - and he sped a lot. after bolting on the pieces, add the scoop or cowl or whatever you want and cut out the extra as needed.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:02 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: swartlkk
Could you do a run-down of what was said in that thread? The forum there requires a login to view the thread.
sorry about that....here is his post:

Ok, so I just wanted to warn everyone and their mother that Andy's Autosports are crooks.

If you're not familiar with my situation, I crushed my front bumper on a curb, ordered a replacement from Andy's because they said it was in stock ready to ship. So I ordered the bumper, called back 2 days later, they said it was not in stock, needed to be ordered from ViS, and would set me back 4 days. Fine, annoyed, but not the end fo the world. I had a Car show to be at in 3 weeks I could still get the bumper installed, painted in time for the show. I then called 4 days later to get tracking info, they said it was on back order it would set us back another 3 weeks!!!! I told them that wuld not work, so I wanted a refund. they said they'd charge me 10% restocking fee (WHAT STOCK, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PART!!!!)

I disputed the charge on my credit card, but lost the case because of a policy deep within their web site. So now they have my bumper and $$$ so I called and asked for the refund minus the 10%

Well I got my check today, the bumper keep in mind was $412.99, they gave me $172.28!!!!!!!!! I emailed their customer service aftr talking to my credit card company (they can't do anything!)

I am goign to trash that damn company until the day I die. I am goign to report them to the better business bureau and I may take them to small claims court. Its my understanding since I ordered this using their web site, they must come here to MD to appear.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jag!