Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Flag(s)

Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough
Default Flag(s)

hey, so i was at my sisters work (halloween store) and i saw the little window mounted flags on for a buck, so i bought 2. i then went home and realized that i have no windows to put them on (i have a 2 door). so i tried the rear window, got them on but they were on an extreme forward angle and the flag just crumpled up at speed. i can't find anywere else to put them except for in the side triangle windows, but they hit the body and i dont want them to scratch.

anyways, i love the look of flags on vehicles so i was wondering if anyone had, or knew of a product that will mount a flag (or two) on my vehicle; or of a way that will protect my paint if i use the window ones.

thanks guys!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

yes. they are called zip ties. i assume you have a carge carrier on top of you ride still....
dykes to nip the window clips. lean them up against the (i think) q towers (the up and downy bits) and drop two zip ties on her. hit em high, and hit em low. Now your freak flag flies. flies higher, and unless you are bajaing through trees or blasting down the freeway at 105 mphs, they should hold up for what they are.

you can do the same with a larger flag off your spare carrier.. hell the antenna will hold up to a light flag.
*shrug*

Old 10-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Now your freak flag flies.
haha, and nice alliteration

Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah, I agree. Why not zip tie them onto the roof rack?

Old 10-21-2009, 06:41 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i used the triangle windows once if you are careful how you mount them the shouldnt scratch the paint however the wind noise is annoying as hell. but zip ties on the roof rack should work very well.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B
yes. they are called zip ties. i assume you have a carge carrier on top of you ride still....
dykes to nip the window clips. lean them up against the (i think) q towers (the up and downy bits) and drop two zip ties on her. hit em high, and hit em low. Now your freak flag flies. flies higher, and unless you are bajaing through trees or blasting down the freeway at 105 mphs, they should hold up for what they are.

you can do the same with a larger flag off your spare carrier.. hell the antenna will hold up to a light flag.
*shrug*
haha thanks, i was thinkin i was gunna be stuck with duct tape, and i thought it looked a little...uh...redneck considering im looking for a confederate flag too haha

Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
BF Veteran

duct tape + confederate flag = how do i saw this politely? Unsightly.
Good call on NOT using the tape

Old 10-21-2009, 03:39 PM

i wasnt gunna haha, i wanna make it look good haha

Old 10-22-2009, 12:27 PM

alright, im going to do this now, by "dykes to nip" you mean cut off the window clip part right?

Old 10-22-2009, 02:49 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by zedartwo
alright, im going to do this now, by "dykes to nip" you mean cut off the window clip part right?
yeah. grab a set of dykes, clip off the window clips, and now it will mount flush.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flag(s)