Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Free seat mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Beginning Member
Lone Star Blaze is on a distinguished road
Default Free seat mod

I was over at my neighbors this afternoon looking at the progress on his '80 El Camino build. He has had these seats out of an '01 Cavailer sitting around that a guy gave him for the Elky. The last time I was over he said he was not going to use, so I asked him what he was going to do with them. He told me the first person he could find to take them off his hands he'd give them away. Ofcourse I took them home and removed my torn up factory Blazer seats.

I took the Caviler seats off their frame and they bolted right up the the Blazer frame with no mods needed. The contour is a little diffrent as you can see but I dont think it looks too bad matched up with the shape of the back seat and the pattern on the fabric is close enough to last a few years untill I have other things done on the Blazer and am ready to spend money on upholstry.

These seats are much more comfortable and sit up a touch higher wich I like.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 PM
R3MiX is on a distinguished road

looks like the new seats might be a little more comfortable, having a wider back on them (or at least it looks wider).

Nice freebie

Old 04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Free mod FTW! those seats look pretty good. A little dirty, but not bad.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by R3MiX
looks like the new seats might be a little more comfortable, having a wider back on them (or at least it looks wider).

Nice freebie
Much wider and they seem to wrap around and give more support on the side.

Originally Posted by cbr995
Free mod FTW! those seats look pretty good. A little dirty, but not bad.
A little dirty and the back of the passengers seat has something that looks like melted marshmallow on it but the'll clean up and it's better than the foam that was coming out on the factory drivers seat.

Although it is almost pointless for me to clean them. I'll just get mud on them and who know what my 2 boys will add to that.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Great, I'm thinking of doing this with either Grand Prix, Grand Am or Cavy/sunfire seats this summer... my driver's seat has gone down the ****ter on me.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by oktain
Great, I'm thinking of doing this with either Grand Prix, Grand Am or Cavy/sunfire seats this summer... my driver's seat has gone down the ****ter on me.

It was super easy to do, these seats are so much more comfortable too

Old 04-11-2010, 09:54 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

ummm............ not to burst your bubble-even though it was a great score-but Alex (Sisk) & Luis (Unlimetedsp) have alreay stated this s a common swap for these trucks.

they do match the old pattern well, and go with your interior quite nicely.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
ummm............ not to burst your bubble-even though it was a great score-but Alex (Sisk) & Luis (Unlimetedsp) have alreay stated this s a common swap for these trucks.

they do match the old pattern well, and go with your interior quite nicely.
I figured this was common but I was excited to that I got a great upgrade for $0

Old 04-11-2010, 04:12 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

LMAO... old skool is just the resident bubble buster Lone Star. It was mentionned, but not done for some reason, I searched for it and everything and couldn't find JACK. This served to confirm that this mod does work, and expect to see this done to my Blazer sometime after the end of the month.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Beginning Member

People can bust anything they want to, all i know is I'm riding around town in much more comfort and style now.

Quick Reply: Free seat mod