Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Front bumper compatability

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:09 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front bumper compatability

hey, everything on my recent safety inspection passed but they want me to get a new front bumper, mine is cracked and broken.

will a front bumper from a 2000 jimmy fit my 98 jimmy? will anything 98+ fit? how about from a blazer?

thanks.

98 gmc jimmy 4x4x2 with front tow hooks

Old 11-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have to replace the plastic cover because it's cracked?? How messed up is that? Like that bit of plastic is going to matter in a crash! LMAO

As far as whether a 2000 would fit, I don't think they changed anything...

Old 11-12-2010, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran

i know, i know but im sure its cheaper than all the stuff he wanted me to repair lol i just wanted to get out of there while the gettin was good

also have to take off the slotted taillight covers, but ill stick em back on after.

thanks for the reply....

Old 11-12-2010, 05:55 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

I know out here if it's cracked but no chunks missing, or sharp edges iin general it's ok.

friend of mine does inspections and he says mine will pass without the cover, technically the bumper is the metal in behind. the bumper 'cover' is just cosmetic.

but i'm in bc and we only have to do an inspecition if a cop pulls you over and orders one on the vehicle...

Old 11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I'd say just remove the plastic valence. I broke mine and never got a new one. I've passed inspection the past 2 years without the plastic

Old 11-16-2010, 02:23 PM
BF Veteran

serious?? that sucks lol. but he let me slide on so many things already, wanted to fail me for my tires, even though i put fender flares and mudflaps on. they stick out no more than 2 inches on the front and less in the back, like 1 inch. wanted to fail me for my exhaust being too loud ( no cat flow 44)

this was before flares and flaps but you can see the little crack in that picture

and this is the other side, pretty good

and one more....just cause i like this pic

I just bought a brand spankin' new bumper cover yesterday for $180 including tax. Its all black and i think im going to keep it like that, it didnt come with any hardware so hopefully everything off the old 1 is usable, can anyone tell me if it is?

now do I need to put any coating on it to protect it? i assume its already uv resistent, right?

edit: forgot to mention im in SK and this was ordered by a cop lol even gave me $150 fine for having the tires stick out past the fenders a little, and if anyone knows oil country, EVERY big A** truck has huge tires that stick out waaaaaay further than mine do.

Last edited by blazinloud; 11-16-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:00 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Iif you drop. A coin from fender and it falls. Straight down and hits tire... fail.... in bc anyway. I think it has to hit the tread, or our. Z71 colorado would fail from the factory.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:45 PM
BF Veteran

if its factory im sure its ok, but i put on fender flares and they still wanted to fail it for that.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

blazinloud, are those 30 or 31" also whats the offset/BS on those wheels?

That's pretty crappy about the fine for them sticking out a little..

Old 11-16-2010, 06:52 PM
BF Veteran

i think the bs is 4.5" but not positive. and the tires say 30" but theyre around 1/2 an inch taller than 30" bfg a/t ko's.

minor trimming/sledge hammering and they still rubbed sometimes.

but these pics are old, those tires lasted about 3 years with average amount of driving, still had tread but rode super rough and i got sick of it and bought 2 used 30" bfg a/t ko's and put them up front, huge difference. I assumed they would be the same height as the other 2 on the back, but they arnt so i have to find 2 more.

Quick Reply: Front bumper compatability