Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

front bumper compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Dan39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default front bumper compatibility

I have a 4x4 4 door 2000 blazer. I am trying to look for a new front bumper, chrome, for it.

I am wondering what bumpers would be compatible with it. Of course any blazer/jimmy 2nd gen front bumper will work, but do you guys think that the bumper from an s-10 pickup with 2nd gen body style would work, and also s-15/sonoma 2nd gen?

It looks like to me all s-series 2nd gen body style vehicles use the same bumper.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: front bumper compatibility

S10 p/u to Blazer will work.

Sonoma to Jimmy will work.

Sonoma/Jimmy to S10/Blazer will not work.

GMC bumpers dip down in the middle to accommodate the grille:

Chevy bumpers are flat on top:

EDIT: LMC has chrome bumpers here.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 PM

thanks. awesome info. that site seems even cheaper than local salvage yard. they wanted $200 for a front bumper

Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

There's a $20 oversize charge to ship it, plus whatever shipping is to your zip. Their site is a little slow right now but keep that in mind if/when you order from them. Does your junkyard have chrome ones there? I don't see them on many trucks.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:37 PM

almost all blazers i see have chrome bumpers. the one they had at auto salvage yard for $200 was chrome, off of a red blazer, so it still had red lower valance attached to it, but thats a lil high prices i thought for used bumper which wasnt even same color valence as my car.

well i didn't even like the valence, id rather show the whole chrome bumper.

after some searching ( a damn lot) i found this on ebay, $117 total, but it says it only fits on blazers WITHOUT LS package. by what i can tell, the only difference between LS and non LS is the lower valence/bumper strip. looks like to me with LS package the lower valence attaches onto middle of bumper where plastic bumper strip is also. without LS its just full chrome, no bumper strip or even holes or lower valence on bumper. lower valence for non LS just attaches to bottom of bumper, which i think will look nicer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-04...em170195755473

looks like it'll fit on mine fine, which is LS.
even if it didn't, i guess i could sell it off, probably for just as much.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I have an LT blazer and it has the lower plastic valence and the impact strip

you said you would rather see the whole chrome bumper than the bumper with the valence. i think without the lower valence, too much of the frame would show and it wouldnt look as good.

if you removed the impact strip, however, it would look AWESOME, below is a link to Iceberg's truck, he has the chrome bumper and the lower valence without the impact strip.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/100_1218.jpg

Old 02-26-2008, 01:23 AM

from what ive raed, LT is above LS, so your thinking the opposite way now.
right now i have the valence AND bumper off. ive been driving like this for a couple months now. i took the valence off back in august also, and it does show extra stuff underneath a little, but i had a grille guard on and it looked kickass.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:47 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Well either way you go, I like the all chrome no holes/no strip bumper's they look clean and really sharp!!

Old 01-16-2009, 08:52 PM
JTECK is an unknown quantity at this point

I took my valence off... and then put the black plastic impact strip back on.... it looks better... more truck like.

I then de-greased my skid plates and painted them yellow for visablity when off roading (incase of hangups) and blacked my frame, tow hooks and ect out and it looks clean as can be.

so its a personal choice do you like the valance and the street/stock look? or do you want the more truck look? that is the main choice you have.