Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Front Tow Hook Replacements

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Front Tow Hook Replacements

Hello everyone! today during my trip to the mounds i realized how lacking the tow hooks on the front of blazers really are. This revelation came to me when i saw one of my friends had snapped one of his nearly breaking his arm...so anyway, are there some sort of clevis's that can be put in there spot? ive been looking around on google to no avail.. Has anyone found anything in the past?

Thanks in Advance
-Derek

Old 05-16-2010, 09:39 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Synergy Off Road, they sell receiver tubes that have been machined to mount into the frame openings that are where the tow hooks are and then you can install the d-ring adapters into them.Check them out,they also have some nice Blazer stuff.

http://www.synergyoffroad.com/

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-16-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 PM

Thanks for the idea! i did find them on there site and that is exactly what im looking for!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I've got them on mine and they are so much better than the stock tow hooks. Very easy to install, also. Don't cheap out on the slug and shackle, though (read as Harbor Freight).

Old 05-17-2010, 11:20 PM

i will get the synergy ones, its just a matter of finding out where the money is going to come from lol, but im sure that will be a long term investment for the better

Old 05-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Starting Member
TreasonAgainstCaesar is on a distinguished road

I've looked at the synergy offroad setup and really like them, but can't afford them right now.

AJBert, Do you think it's possible to just purchase the receiver tube and hardware and do this yourself? I'm guessing all they did was drill the holes in the receiver tubes and furnish some grade 8 nuts and bolts?

Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Beginning Member
JeremyNYR is on a distinguished road

It took me a while to find them on their page, so I figured i'd give a direct link here for others:
http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/S...-RcvrTubes.htm

Old 05-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road

HOLY KIMCHI! $130!!! That's ridiculous. I'll just make my own out of bailing wire, paper clips and chewing gum. It'll out-perform your $200 paperweights any day.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Starting Member
TreasonAgainstCaesar is on a distinguished road

Yes, very expensive. That's why I was looking at making my own.

I figure stock receiver tubes can be had for about $15 each and to get the grade 8 hardware might be another $20? So you could make a pair for yourself for $50.

I was just hoping that someone that has seen these could make sure I was over simplifying what had to be done and could maybe even post pics.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Kr.Fabs is on a distinguished road

i made my own a few days ago. spent $20, each shackle was $10, and i had the steel material left over, much better than spending $200. i can post some pics up later on, they are being powdercoated this weekend.

heres a few pics, dont pay any attention to my chipped/dented/crooked front bumper.

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-27-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.

Quick Reply: Front Tow Hook Replacements