Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Fullsize k5 offroad bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 PM
lil_blazin is on a distinguished road
Question Fullsize k5 offroad bumpers

Well pretty basic question I am not into cutting the body or tube bumpers. I want front and rear bumpers seeing as i dont only hit stuff with the front. I could have them custom made but I would rather save myself the time and just buy them. I have looked but i can only find tube bumpers.... Some input would be great

Thank you

Old 06-06-2009, 06:28 PM

I founda really nice set of clean offroad bumpers front and rear for $300.00 a peice they can be bought with shackle mounts winch plates .ect I am going to buy mine with the shackle mounts and winchplate. I am also buying the set, if anyone wants to know about these they are speacialy for the 1973-1987 pickups and 1973-1991 blazers and they are NICE! Just msg me or post on here and I may post pics of them off the website they are nice.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was quick? Some place local? Who makes them?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:45 PM

Yeah, well there really nice I like them alot. I live within 5-hours of evolution machine in calgary so I am still considering that route but these are 300 bucks a peice the site is woodlandoffroad.com. I like the looks and the price the only other front bumper that I like is the buckstop bumpers and they are $1000.00+ and there isnt a rear to go with it.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Man, even for $300 each F/R... Just reiterates my feeling that I would just be better off to design and build my own bumpers.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:16 PM

Well, you've done this more than me is that what you would suggest doing? I have a welder that i can use its just finding the metal to do it with.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Administrator

For me it is really easy. I have been building stuff out of steel since I was about 9. I also have a metal supply company that my family has dealt with for a long time for our heavy steel. I can have them cut out the pieces on their plasma cutter to my specs, bend it up and all I'd have to do is weld it together. I also use CAD everyday at work so I can design the thing complete before any steel gets cut.

Now, whether you can do it depends first on the size of your welder. You are not going to want to cut steel only to figure out that your welder is not heavy enough to properly burn in.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:43 PM

Yeah, well I have to do some calculations and what-not and see what I can afford. I am kind of back and fourth on this because those woodland bumpers are much cleaner than anything I can fab.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:58 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I also use CAD everyday at work so I can design the thing complete before any steel gets cut.

Which CAD are you running over there?

Old 06-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Pro/E WildFire 2 at the moment.

Quick Reply: Fullsize k5 offroad bumpers