Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Go with aftermarket headlights with projectors built in or retrofit...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:00 PM
juanfpina is on a distinguished road
Default Go with aftermarket headlights with projectors built in or retrofit...

I will be doing the 98 swap on my 97 blazer, I already have composite lights with PnP hid kit and it looks like s**t. Question is should I buy some used 98 headlights and do the retrofit myself? If so what projectors and lenses should I use? and how would I achieve the angel eyes? Or should I just buy some aftermarket ones on ebay with all this built in. Anyone have any experience with either of these? How hard is it to retrofit myself? Thanks
Some examples: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-04...ht_4394wt_1165
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...ht_6204wt_1165

Might as well ask here since it's exterior section, to fix some paint and scratches should i sand the area, primer, do the base coat and clear coat? Or am i doing too much work. It's small scratches from cars not knowing how to slowly open a door.

Last edited by juanfpina; 09-01-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Beginning Member
WickedBlazer is on a distinguished road

I pulled out both the headlights and turn signals w/fogs. Got basically the same setup you listed here. Went with 98 99-02 03 CHEVY S10 BLAZER HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS and 98-04 00 02 CHEVY BLAZER LED STYLE BUMPER SIGNAL LIGHTS from ebay and they look great. A few disconnections here and there, a couple of clips and you're ready to go.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I got my projectors on ebay with the halos, switched over to the non fog LED signals as well. I have the Piaa 520i fogs & they're super!
The headlights should be PNP & HID's in the projectors are great & not offending to oncoming traffic because they're focused.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:12 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Because I HATE projectors, I will tell you to join up at www.hidplanet.com and start reading up on retrofits. You'll porbably need a mini H1 projector for the size of the housings on the Blazer. I would start with a "diamond clear" lens headlight from Ebay, cut them open and go from there. From what I've been reading that forum seems pretty friendly so I wouldn't be afraid to post up any questions.

I guess I just got lucky and had an OEM solution for my HID needs lol.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:04 PM

Retrofitting would just be installing a pair of projectors wouldn't it?
If I got those sets from ebay would they still be 9006/9005 bulbs?

Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 PM
BF Veteran

Juan, my advice on ebay projectors (or any) is get them 1st & make sure they come with bulbs, almost all do or email & ask. Because the ones I got came with 9005 bulbs installed as the LOW beam bulbs. Normally the 9005's are for high beams but being in a projector housing they used 9005's. Perhaps I have that bassackwards I can't remember right now, but what I'm saying is the stock high beam bulbs were used (& have different sockets) in the low beam housing. From there I used that info to order the HID's I have for low beams.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:45 AM

Can any one post pics of eBay projectors with a PnP hid kit?

Old 09-03-2011, 11:22 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Not sure on the lights... I like my stockers lol. But I can answer the paint question!!!!

So say your scratches are on a door. You have to sand the ENTIRE door down, not just the area that was scratched. Unless they are all in one spot then you may have an easier time getting some Dupli-Color sratch fix from Dupli-Color :: Home. Autozone carries them... but you might have to order your color anyway as they only carry a handful of popular colors in store.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by juanfpina
Can any one post pics of eBay projectors with a PnP hid kit?
CB The Cranberry Blazer _GF made up the name_ pictures by Rottidog - Photobucket
ebay projectors with 6000K HID's, LED signals & lots of other pics.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Wow those ebay lights look pretty damn good, I thought they would be almost no better than stock with hids but from your pictures I definitely see a difference. What size bulbs do you have? Still the stock 9006/9005? Do you notice a difference with the stock housing and hid light compared to the ebay housing and hid lights? Sorry for all the questions.

Quick Reply: Go with aftermarket headlights with projectors built in or retrofit...