Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Gotta love tint

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default Gotta love tint

So this past weekend I got my two front windows tinted. I got tired of looking at the truck and feeling like anyone can just poke their nose in to see whats inside.

Anyway I'll throw a pic up when I have a chance to take a couple.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Gotta love tint

Oiy... Geez... Teaser!!! Gotta do it though...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 11-27-2006, 11:19 AM
prototype80 is an unknown quantity at this point

i went 20% on mine....its close to legal, but not quite there

Old 11-27-2006, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet, what did that cost you? and anyone know what the stock tint % is? I can still see into my cargo area, which means theives can see my subs
but not like the past week, theres been a foot of snow on it!! best security system ever!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

on my 92, I had 2.5% tint on my windows. Illegal as heck, but never got busted for it!

Old 11-27-2006, 02:55 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Stock "privacy" glass is somewhere between 35 and 15%
The darkest you're allowed in this state (ohio) is 35% on the front doors nothing on the windshield (not even a strip) and whatever you want on all others (they just changed it from 50% on front doors and 35% on rear doors and nothing on the front or back).

I have 2.5% all the way around my caprice with a 10" windshield strip
and 5% on my blazer front doors and windshield (10" strip) with stock privacy glass from the rear doors back.

As you can see they're very illegal, but it's not worth doing if you don't do it DARK...IMO.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:36 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

i got 30% on my front 2 windows, 5% on the whole back and 40% on the windshield....its pretty dark.

LETS SEE PICS GEEZ!!! lol

Old 11-27-2006, 03:50 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

The stock privacy glass is actually between 15%-20%. . We had a discusssion in a previous thread on this same thing.... A tint gun actually reads like 17.5% on the privacy glass, but most installers reccomend 20%... almost a dead match.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:46 PM
EkStreem G is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ atack's right. I had my tints matched to the privacy glass and I believe they used 18%, Perfect!

Old 11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 2.5% on my side windows. I have 2.5% over all the factory tint and I have a banner that goes down well past the legal mark made outta 2.5%.

Very dark. ppl tell me all the time when they pass me all they can see is a hand stickin up waving at them.

Quick Reply: Gotta love tint