Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

grill swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Black95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default grill swap

hey guys i would like to swap the grill in my 95 to the later style. i know i would need the obvious different items like all the lights and the actual grill. would the grill even bolt up? is this swap even possible and what parts would i need?

Old 07-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: grill swap

So by later you mean a 96+ grill. If that is what you mean, then yeah, it should be possible. I do not know if the radiator core support is the same (holes and all) on this body style, but I do not think that any exterior sheetmetal is any different (ie. fenders and hood).

Old 07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

He probably is referring to the 98-04 front grill, you will need, the lights and parking lights, as you said, but you will also need the newer front bumper, and lower plastic valance (not 100% necessary, but they are different, they dont have the light holes in the bumper), you will also need the grill as you said also, but it will not bolt up to your radiator support, neither will the headlights, you have to swap the radiator support to a 98-04 also. The fenders and hood are identical between the 95-97 and 98-04.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:43 PM

is the radiator support spot welded or anything crazy like that or a bolt on job? i want to do my home work before i start buying parts. also what are the differences between the 96 - 98 and the 98 + front ends. would a swap to the 96-98 be easier?

Old 07-07-2006, 12:22 AM

oops i didnt see the part where they are the same from 95-97

Old 07-07-2006, 12:23 AM

by radiator support are you referring to the verticle peice in the middle or the entire support. because if i am going to hav eto cut mine oue and weld the new one in i am not going to bother

Old 07-07-2006, 01:27 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

I think Blazin97 or Blazer97 I forget which one it is did this lol

Old 07-07-2006, 03:03 AM
presidential is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking the 91-94 grille, not a whole sheetmetal change. As I was walking to my local speak-easy tonight, I came across a 93 S-10 and got my answer.

All I have to do is unbolt (so it seems) the metal piece below the existing grille and bolt the newer style grille in.

Example: This style GRILLE-91-94-Chevy-S10-PU-TRUCK-BLAZER

vs what I have now: 82-90-S-10-Pickup-Blazer-BLACK-GRILLE-SET (only mine is in "chrome" or what's left of it)

No real idea how the two differ, hoping it will be the typical easy swap that most GM's are famous for.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Removed super long links. Please learn to use the hidden url code to shorten up your links

Old 07-07-2006, 09:54 AM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Black95, there is no cutting involved, the old radiator support will unbolt and the new will bolt in its place, you dont have to remove the fenders either. If you open your hood, the radiator support is the black metal part that runs from the drivers side to the passenger side, the hood latch, headlights, grill, etc. bolt up to it.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:32 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything you need.

http://www.fbirides.com/product.asp?idno=8686

Quick Reply: grill swap