Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Grille

Old 09-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Starting Member
xCHIPx is on a distinguished road
Default Grille

Im about to paint my grille to match the rest of my blazer and I was wondering if I need to clear coat it? and if so what do need to buy?

Old 09-18-2009, 03:25 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Yes you do. I just did mine, so if you want a step-by-step process, go to my site (click my siggy image). Note: don't paint over top of the clear! It sort of doesn't look good.

But you should need a can of primer, a can of your color (I used gloss black by Krylon), and a can of clear.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Starting Member

Okay cool.

I gota stock S10 grille on it that I bought from LMC and its already black I just wana make it the same as my truck. But I already have a can primer and my paints on its way. But is their any good brands of clear coat I should get or just get anything?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:01 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I didnt use clearcoat and mine looks great. I've got some pics in my updates album I think.

I'll just throw some up..

Last edited by okvortec; 09-18-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 09-18-2009, 05:06 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xCHIPx
Okay cool.

I gota stock S10 grille on it that I bought from LMC and its already black I just wana make it the same as my truck. But I already have a can primer and my paints on its way. But is their any good brands of clear coat I should get or just get anything?
I don't know about differnet brands, I used Kyrlon. It's meant for protecting, but if you do one light coat, one medium coat, and one heavy coat, it'll be more glossy.

Oktian: very nice

Old 09-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Starting Member

Okvortec did you paint our grille or just the bowetie? But it all looks really good. =)

And Ill just get a can of clear coat to go over it with. I know when I smoked my tail lights I clear coated them and they looked better.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Starting Member

This is what my grille looks like now. I just dont want it black anymore i want it to match the rest of my truck.

Last edited by xCHIPx; 09-19-2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Wronge pic.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:38 AM
BF Veteran

I did my bowtie red, but I masked up the areas I didn't want to paint (emblem, the meshy grill stuff in the middles, etc). I think yours would look good with a black emblem, so I'd mask it.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Starting Member

Im just going to pull my hole grille off and take the bumperlights off it and then paint it. Cuz Im geting new headlights and bumper lights and Im puting lights behind my grille.

My bowetie is kinda black its a stock one I just smoked it, Its not as dark in person as it is in pics.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:47 PM
BF Veteran

Ok, can't wait to see pics. I'd take the emblem off, less masking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grille