Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Grille Guards and Hitches

Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Grille Guards and Hitches

Okay so I have some $$$ to blow on the Blazer and want to get a Grille/Brush guard. I have read past posts and am still undecided. I have seen guys with Go Rhino, Hunter, and Westin. So far I am leaning towards the Westin, however it is a little pricey and I wonder what its corrosion protection vs Hunteris like. Any insight is always appreciated.

Also since we're on the topic, I am planning on installing a hitch. Probably going with Drawtite class IV unless anyone has a better suggestion

What does everyone like for hood/bug and side window deflectors? AVS?

Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 AM
bubba181x1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Grille Guards and Hitches

dude, just so you know many states are outlawing brush guards and push bars. ya it blows but check on it. good luck bubba

Old 06-26-2007, 11:51 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

many states are outlawing brush guards and push bars
When did this happen?

As far as my brushguard goes... I got a Hunter mainly cause I liked the price and the way it looked, and I freakin love this thing. My Aunt has a WAAG guard on her Trailblazer andits real hard to tell the difference between the two.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Only difference ive seen between waag and hunteroffroad is that hunter has the extra raised bar in the middle whereas the waag does not. Other wise they are practially the same. Mounting wise ive only seen the waag and i like how it has a big plate that it anchors to that you can bolt up and if you feel like it you can weld it too to be super strong. As for durability on the waag, well it saved my bacon in an accident and absorbed nearly all the damage. Still had to get a new bumper, fender, and hood but the damage to those was minor.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 AM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point

im really interested in the WAAG, whered u get yours

Old 06-27-2007, 08:15 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bubba181x1

dude, just so you know many states are outlawing brush guards and push bars. ya it blows but check on it. good luck bubba
Exactly what info do you have that backs this claim up? The police have push bars or guards on their cars to help absorb impact duringtakedown attempts in their vehicles, and to protect them in the event of a head on collision. The safety, and the impact absorbtion they allow is such a plus that some insurance companies will offer you a small discount just for having one installed on your vehicle. So, why would they be outlawed? Please, explain.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

whoa i didnt know that you can get reduced insurance from that...ill check into that sometime

Old 06-28-2007, 08:01 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, check it out. My insurance company offers it, I had a custom bumper/grill guard installed on my old 86 F-150 and they agve me a 5% discount on my insurance. Not much, but better than nothing.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:00 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Another suggestion, since I'm assuming that a class IV hitch costs more than a class III hitch... Get a class III, it's rated for more pulling capacity than your Blazer has...

I've got a Westin bar on my Blazer, and it looks pretty good, and seems pretty solid so far... But mine was free, so I can't complain either way, lol

Old 06-28-2007, 04:25 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: metalheadgoalie

im really interested in the WAAG, whered u get yours
I got mine through autoanything.com but ebay has em and a quick google search will find ya a ton of em

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grille Guards and Hitches