Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

!!HELP!! '00 Blazer Door Sag+Extra

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Beginning Member
LilPudge666 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation !!HELP!! '00 Blazer Door Sag+Extra

Ok well guys this is my first post on this site, my 2000 Chevy Blazer LT 4WD driver door is sagging when its shut and the door panel broke in half due to it being a sag. I heard its the hinge bushing thats causing the door to sag, and just wondering where i can get the new bushings and a tan door panel?

Attached Thumbnails !!HELP!! '00 Blazer Door Sag+Extra-door-sag.jpg  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

New bushings, pins & possibly the spring & the spring removal/installation tool can be found at most GM dealerships or places like www.rockauto.com, JCwhitney.com, auto parts places etc. As for the door panel start hitting the wreckers pick-n-pull etc. Craigs list, in here perhaps with anyone parting out a blazer.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:36 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

if its sagging that bad i hope the hings isnt egg shaped where the bushing goes....thats a whole other problem to conquer first

Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran

Yup, if the hole is rounded or elongated then the hinge has to be replaced & they're riveted on... sounds like a PITA of a job.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member

so what do you guys recommend? and i hope its not egg shaped neither cause i dont have the money to get the whole assembly

Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Take some pics..we might have a better idea

Old 04-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Starting Member
Jase1979 is on a distinguished road

My hinge holes were egg shaped enough that the new bushing would slide side ways, read on here someone glued them in with JB Weld, I figured why not try it, worst it could cost is a pin kit at about $5, so i glued in the bushings and reinstalled the door, That was 3 months ago and it is still holding up, would have never believed it until I seen it for myself, but so far so good

Old 04-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Beginning Member

yup guys its egg shaped...:/ any idea on prices of a new hinge top and bottom?

Old 04-29-2012, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran

Try the jb weld fix.
might have to do a search for hinge price...i think lmc truck may have them.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:31 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah TRY it, personally I dont hold much hope in it. Seems more like a bandage than a repair/fix. Only issue I see with the new hinges are the old ones are riveted in. grinding them out in that confined space may be a pita but a Dremel or die grinder should take care of it.
Installing the new ones... that depends on the kit & how it's layed out. I have no idea what they offer but I have to look into it because the spring dropped out of my DS door & the wind took the door one day bending the hinge.

Quick Reply: !!HELP!! '00 Blazer Door Sag+Extra