Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

hitch mounted spare tire carrier

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:24 AM
warhammer44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hitch mounted spare tire carrier

hey everyone im new to the forum here and wanted to ask a question. does anyone have any good sites or ideas on how i could mount a spare tire on my hitch, or something similar? and i dont want a roof rack and mount it up there. any help would be appreciated. and ill be getting some pics of my bravada up soon

Old 09-04-2008, 12:56 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: hitch mounted spare tire carrier

Hitch Gate. If you buy a new spare tire carrier...they are VERY expensive. You'd be much better off finding a swing away 2-door carrier, and making it work for you.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Beginning Member
OOPS242 is an unknown quantity at this point

Those or good, and to note they sell on ebay also. I seen a guy take the tire set up off the back of a blazer, and put it on his. I'm not sure how he done it as i did not know the guy. I just over heard him in a shop talking about it.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That hitch gate setup is pretty nice! If you could, just make your own version of that.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 AM

THats kind of what i was thinking. i built my own front and rear bumpers so im sure i could fab something up. i've seen something that is similar to a hitch gate but its designed to go on the front. i think i might be able to turn it around (because it would angle away from the rear of the truck) and make a swing arm or something. i thought about getting the swing away off a blazer but i figured i would have to do a ton of body work and reinforcement and stuff like that? anyone know if i would run into these problems? thanks for all the help

Old 09-05-2008, 11:08 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Do you have pics of your custom bumpers?!?!

Old 09-07-2008, 10:51 PM

yes i do. my computer was going nuts tonight but im gonna try and get them up soon.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFiA8rgxEfk here is a small link that shows a clip of me mudding

Old 09-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Blazin_1t_up is an unknown quantity at this point

would u have to reinforce the side you mounted it on?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM

see thats what im thinking. it would be a butt ton of body work and custom work. and its a clean truck right now and i dont wanna screw up the rear panels and have to replace it.plus i really like my custom bumper i built for 35 bucks and the rear bumpers that carry a spare tire are SO expensive

Quick Reply: hitch mounted spare tire carrier