Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

hmm...problems w/my headlights...=/

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:40 AM
GrEeNeyedBLAZERbabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hmm...problems w/my headlights...=/

[sm=helpout.gif]

hmm...ive got a little problem...story first...lol:

ok - i got new tail lights, headlights and turn signals for my truck. i got them on Valentine's day and my boyfriend got a cold air intake for his Ford Focus ST on the same day...so of course we had to put that in first. lol. we spent 4.5 hours installing it...and finally at like 930 PM we got working on my truck. i know i know...romantic way to spend vday huh? lol. Anyway, it was too late to really do anything else after we did his c.a.i. so he just did what was easiest, the taillights. they're in and they look awesome. yesterday however...while i was at work...he put in my headlights and turn signals. they look awesome...but now here's the problem:

...the headlights wont sit right...and they're pointed up. we knew they were wrong ... but again it was getting late and we figured we'd just try and fix it some other time. well...we were going to the mall last night and decided to take my truck...i didnt even get to the end of my street and cars passing were flashing me to "turn off" my brights...which werent even on. AND...my lights are defintely not even pointing to the ground...i turned the beams on and they lit up the freakin tops of trees. we messed with the lights as much as we could to get them right...but its not working. we looked up how to do it and we're doing what everything says...and we even found this site saying how people are lame and put it in wrong without even realizing it...lol...but the thing is...we're doing it right according to the site. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f199/9...ll-how-171732/<--according to that, we have to put those little tabs in place where he says they go...well...we did that...but when we have to put those clips on...the plastic thing it clips on to has to be pushed all the way through and then the lights sit facing up...

that very top picture is what my lights look like right now...and id rather it NOT...id like them to sit right and this is really frustrating me...so...i was wondering if anyone could help me out...i mean...im putting the tabs where they're suppose to be going...they're fitting into those tiny little slots...but its STILL NOT WORKING....so...please help if you can...it would be totally appreciated. im gonna try and get a picture of my truck up here to show you all what it looks like...but for now...im posting this in hopes that i can be helped. [sm=sigh.gif]

Thanks!!

Old 02-18-2007, 12:26 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: hmm...problems w/my headlights...=/

did you try adjusting the torx screws? my headlights are the same way, maybe just not AS bad.

I phoned Canadian Tire and they wanted $80 cad. for headlight alignment.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the lower retaining tabs are properly installed into the slots in the radiator core support, then the headlamp housings need to be adjusted down. There are two adjustments for each of the headlamp housings. One for left/right and another for up/down.

I'd double check the lower tabs. From there, move on to aiming your lights. I posted the procedure awhile ago, but can't find it at the moment.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:11 PM

Hey thanks you guys!! I came home from work today and looked closer at my headlights...freakin' easier than anything...i dont know why i didnt know to do that already. w/e. lesson learned. lol. Thanks again!!

PS- i also just got back from driving around and its dark out...the lights are AWESOME!!! =D haha...just thought id let ya all know that too. =P So super bright. il get pics up when i can!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Time to start showing off the new lights

Old 02-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear it's all taken care of. Now you got to talk your boyfriend into getting you 20s for your birthday!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:38 AM

[sm=exactly.gif]hahaha!! Aint that the truth! [sm=tongue.gif]

but thats not gonna happen...seeing as he's in the process of getting a set of his OWN!! [sm=smiley26.gif]lol.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

selfish selfish.......all girls need bling

Old 02-19-2007, 05:58 PM

[sm=smiley36.gif]oh i definitely agree!! lol!! thanks!! but try telling that to him!!! hehehe!! [sm=tongue.gif]

Old 02-21-2007, 11:58 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

He's right all girls do need bling! It's gonna be really funny when you do get a set of dubs, your wheels will be bigger than your boyfriends! You'll be able to pick on him real good with that one!

Quick Reply: hmm...problems w/my headlights...=/