Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

hood scoops

Old 03-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hood scoops

does any have or kno someone who has used the hood scoopes that you stick on to your stock hood? if so you got any pics and do that stick good any problems witht hem comin off?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...002538/c-10101< what im lookin at

Old 03-09-2007, 12:30 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: hood scoops

IF I'm not mistakin', rabbit0102030's hood looks like it has the fake hood scoops on it. I don't like them IMO. I recently bought a Goodmark Cowl hood off eBay that was $330 with shipping, and it's getting painted right now. It looks sick. I like it MUCH better than the fake hood scoops. They just don't look right, and they do nothing, so basically you're turning into a ricer. lol, just kiddin', or am I??

Old 03-09-2007, 05:03 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

But what would your hood scoop do speeddemon? I really don't like non-functional hood scoops, but if you like the look go for it, it ain't my choice.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Starting Member

i would love to get cowl induction hood but i just cant afford it. SO i was wonderin if anyone has used these bfore since this the first time ive ever seen something like this

Old 03-09-2007, 07:18 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I have some on my truck. I don't find them to be ricey, but ok whatever. I'm going to fiberglass them into the hood and make them functional. I have never had a problem with them coming off the hood so I'd say go for it.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:31 PM

I don't know... I think that the adhesive hood scoops seem to be out of place, and only look right when they get fiberglassed on the hood so they blend in better. Here's a pic of the hood I got. And another pic of the hood on an S-10. I really like mine, it looks sick. It's steel, a direct OEM fit, and it doesn't flex as much as fiberglass.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4974/32B3DEE391CD458C83CBCA4BB6450637.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4974/40CDAC1D13DE44DF9569ED40B86376A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2007, 08:54 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think anything should be put on if its not functional. Like my ol' Z24 for instance.....the air box was sealed off pulling all the air directly from the scoop. If i did that I might as well get the spinner hub caps [8D]

Old 03-09-2007, 09:21 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone has their own opinion, but there is a reason the fake stick-on "scoops" cost $60.00 and thefunctional Goodmark hoods cost $600.00 YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! If you can't afford what you really want, then save the money until you can. That's what I did, and let me say this, when you are bolting on that beautiful new hood...it will be well worth the extra cash! Also, those stick-ons look even worse from the driver's seat and you will have to look at them every time you drive the truck until you get sick of seeing them and take them off anyway.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: lastcoupe

Everyone has their own opinion, but there is a reason the fake stick-on "scoops" cost $60.00 and thefunctional Goodmark hoods cost $600.00 YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! If you can't afford what you really want, then save the money until you can. That's what I did, and let me say this, when you are bolting on that beautiful new hood...it will be well worth the extra cash! Also, those stick-ons look even worse from the driver's seat and you will have to look at them every time you drive the truck until you get sick of seeing them and take them off anyway.
Amen.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Starting Member

well im planing on sellin my blazer at then end of summer and buyin a diesel. but i was just lookin at somethin differnt since everyone at school seems to be gettin the same stuff as me. for there blazer and s-10. but cant seem to find anythingthat would make mine different from theres,then came across these. i didnt kno how bad the looked or if they blended in at all. so i was just wonderin.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hood scoops