Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

I want to completely pimp my own ride.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Darealcasanova is on a distinguished road
Talking I want to completely pimp my own ride.

What's up. im new here. Just made the account a few mins ago actually. But i have a 97 blazer that i want to flip. So far all ive done is replace the 4 door speakers and put in a in dash TV. I want to put rims, body kit, shave the stock decal, custom dash etc.. the works!! I came across a nice sum of $$ so i figured i'd give her a makeover. so... Where do i start? ANY and ALL help is appreciated. Im ready to get started ASAP. Thanks.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I think you should start by not watching pimp my ride anymore!! But that's just my personal opinion do what you wish its your ride and your money after all!

Old 09-03-2013, 02:07 PM

thanks. Appreciate it. i really cant wait to finish it now

Old 09-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Starting Member
HostileJava is on a distinguished road

Seriously though, by flip do you mean you want to "pimp it out" and then sell it? Cause I doubt you'll ever get out of it what you put into it.

Attached Thumbnails I want to completely pimp my own ride.-5vjpd.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I know its your truck, its your money, but take a step back for a moment and think of something of the things you want to do...
These are blazers. Body kits look horrible on them (even the xtremems) sorry for those that have one, but it looks bad..
a custom dash could look good, or extremely tacky, same with rims. Its all on what kind of taste you have...

it could end up looking like my quote that rex has in his signature.
It really looks like this guy gave money to hellen keller and let her just click away on autozones website accessories section.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

first off if you want to flip it...the more you do the more you will narrow your buyer appeal.

honestly most of the public want a straight forward blazer. make it appealing by fixing all issues and toss on some nice wheels and tires...save the bling for a sports car to flip.
my two cents.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:33 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Dont forget that flip means something entirely different to the guys here that raise their trucks 4 inches and raise the body two more inches then put a solid axle on it . Ha ha. Back at ya Rich!

Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Pimp my ride was the worst thing to happen to car customization since chrome spray paint. That being said, when done right, these blazers can look fantastic when lowered and customized. Just make sure you don't stray too far into the tacky and gimmicky side of the coin and you could have nice results.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Well damn lol. i can CLEARLY see i pissed a good group of ppl off with this post. Chill out ppl.. "Pimp My Ride". Y'all really hate that **** huh? I thought this site was full of blazer enthusiasts who could throw some knowledge instead of talk a truck load of ****.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think you pissed anyone off. If you want to drop it at all, start with that. Do it the right way. From there you can form the Blazer. At one height something may look amazing, and a few inches lower, or higher, it could look like trash. Especially when throwing on a new wheel and tire combo. Doing a custom dash in a vehicle you have intentions on flipping, will seriously hinder selling power. It'll be customized to your likes, not the new owners. Same goes with the body kit. Once you get into major modifications, you are straying away from the selling market and more towards a personal vehicle. For a buyer to be most interested you need to compliment the vehicle. If you're going to make it look fast, make sure it can go fast. If you want it to be a chopped down low rider, you may think about just dressing up the engine bay. Get it clean, get it (mechanically) right before you put a whole lot of money into it.

Quick Reply: I want to completely pimp my own ride.