Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

i would post this in "do it yourself" but..

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 12:30 PM
crank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i would post this in "do it yourself" but..

it does not show me a post new thread button in there? i guess it's becuase i am new.

anyways so i got in my blazer the other day, i heard this ratteling noise. i was like oh man, i busted a speaker. well, turns out i did not bust a speaker but this is the problem:

[PICTURES DELETED, SCROLL DOWN]

sorry they may stretch the forum, im on a computer without photoshop or paintshop.

anyway as you can see my passenger doors window seal is not attacthed, at all.

does anyone know of something safe and strong to keep this thing to stick to the door?

Old 02-16-2008, 12:36 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: i would post this in "do it yourself" but..

can you try to get clearer pics if possible???and not so close..

Old 02-16-2008, 12:40 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, those pics are terrible............

Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

The do it yourself section, is for people that have created a write up on how to do something to a blazer (i.e. change a fuel filter, etc.) giving steps through the process and pictures.

As for your problem, I am not sure how to fix that other than epoxying it. But better pictures would be good. Also for those that don't have high speed internet, please show pics no larger than 640x480, or you can use a photo hosting site like photobucket.com which you can link the full size image to, and use the automatically created thumbnail to show a preview on the post. See Here for info on how to post pictures in this manner.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:17 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Also try taking some pics without the sun shining on it in the background to avoid the glare off the window.

I can kind of see what you are talking about. On my old car, there was clips on the inside of the door. Not sure if blazers have the same thing, but mine is kind of loose myself. Just get a strong water repellent expoxy from the auto parts store and put a small bead behind the strip to hold it on.

Also the only people who can put stuff in there are the moderators or administrators.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:46 PM

They were taken from my cellphone i figured it would not matter since you can still see what is going on.
My camera got stoeln christmas day, so no i can't. But i can take the futher away from the truck... and ill get on my computer and resize them and that should make them more clear...

here you go

Old 02-16-2008, 01:49 PM

okay, so just epoxy?

Old 02-16-2008, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Yep. Just slather it up, push it down, wipe off the excess.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:54 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point

mine on my drivers door pops up and I haven't had a problem yet

Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can do it much cleaner and somewhat easier...

There are tabs in the plastic trim. There are corresponding catches in the door sheetmetal. I was able to open the catches wider to grab better and never had another problem with my windows on my old Bravada. You just have to roll down the window and be careful with a screw driver.

Quick Reply: i would post this in "do it yourself" but..