Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

interior dash bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default interior dash bulbs

okay, i have been looking everywhare and cant seem to find a place that lists all the different size bulbs in the dash (mine truck is a 96)

what i want to do it change ALL the gauge lights, including all the check engine light, brake light, oil light, the ones that light up the regular gauges (i have read that they are 194's?) but i also want to know the ones for the 4w4 switch, and all the others. any help thanks.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if this is what you want, but I find it helpful sometimes.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...placementGuide

Old 11-10-2009, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Gauges - 194 sized bulb (for backlighting)
Map lights (if applicable) - size 194
HVAC - size 37 bulb.
ALL other interior lighting - 12v bulbs (they require soldering).

I go through it all in my build thread (click my sig) if you want more details

Old 11-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Starting Member

so the check engine light the seat belt light, all those are 194's to?

and thanks

Old 11-12-2009, 05:42 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

No I'm pretty sure those are 12v ones. They are soldered directly onto the gauge cluster. You'd have to remove the old ones and solder on new ones if you were planning on replacing the indicator lights.
I'm not sure if they're 12v or not, but I know for sure they aren't just bulbs that pop right out.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Starting Member

dam this sucks i have inspection thi month and my check engine light is burnt out and i was hoping i could replace them. wow idk what to do now im not the greatest at soldering

Old 11-14-2009, 07:56 PM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

My check engine light was identical to the other idiot lights. I wound up swapping the security light bulb for the check engine light in a pinch.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:27 AM
BF Veteran

You fail inspection there for a check engine light? wow...thats rough lol. we fail for ABS lights up here. That's about it.
Pull your cluster out. It may be possible to switch the lights, I was just assuming you couldn't since it looked like it was all part of the computer board backing of the cluster.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Starting Member

im ordered all my 194s for the gas, speed and stuf. when i take it all out i am going to try and take all the others out and make them all red, check engine, abs all that. will post up later with how it all went thanks guys.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:03 PM
cooper232 is on a distinguished road

how many 194's will i need to just change out the gauge cluster? i dont care about the check engine, abs, etc...

and how many 37's for the hvac?

Quick Reply: interior dash bulbs