Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Interior door panels.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:58 AM
Rags8734 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interior door panels.

New to the group and very weak on auto knowledge. Have a 1987 S-10 Blazer and am having trouble with my front windows. How do I remove the door panels and replace the tabs that hold up the windows, they are roll ups.

Old 09-30-2006, 02:25 AM
magnum434 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Interior door panels.

you just grab the panels and you can pull them off...you have to take the screw out thats behind the hendle first though...then just grab a spot that seems failry sturdy and pull straight out.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:10 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^ that will work, but you will need to replace all the retainter clips that will break as a result of this method, They do have a door panel remover tool, they are cheap and be picked up at ANY autoparts house.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:34 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I have a suggestion before you take off the panels with the removal tool, if you get one. Depending on what the tool is made out of, mine are metal with a rubber grip. I started at the bottom of the door and put a dish towel in between the tool and the door. Of course I decided to do this after I scratched the drivers side door. It's only a little scratch though. I replaced the speakers in all four doors, so use a towel or a washcloth. Also, there is two screws on my front doors behind the handle. One in each corner. Also, don't pull straight out, pull all the retainer clips out, and then pull up by the door handle. One more thing, the back of the door panels, at least mine were, have sharp edges. I sliced my fingers when I put my hand behind the panel and slid it down the side to pull it out. OUCH! Be careful, it sucks getting hurt.