Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Junkyards

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 12:42 AM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Junkyards

Is there a way to search for junkyards w/ur vehicle? I wrote on the last post about the envoy bumper and I wanted to find some parts for my envoy (interior mainly)

Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 AM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Junkyards

Not really....I have a '75 celica for which I actually called every last junk yard in Texas (about 200) until I found the one and only other '75 Celica in Texas which was in San Antonio, 400 miles from me. Of course I went and stripped it of all parts...ANYWAYS...the answer to your question is ...not really.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:13 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

There is a junkyard around here that is very user-friendly. They group all cars according to make (GM, DiamlerChrystler, etc) and sort the makes into subclasses (SUV, Car, Van, Truck, Utility). I've been able to find anything I need whenever I've been, but a Blazer is a lot more common than an Envoy... LKQ is also another good junkyard. If you are not familiar with it,they have a shop at the front with several tool boxesand you can work on your caar using their tools for $5..

The most interesting thing Ive found so far in the junkyard was an old DMC Delorean... someone had stripped the risers off the doors, which I was going to do. I was toying with the idea of putting risers under my hood.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:23 PM

thats badass ive never seen a delorean up close...as for the junkyard bull**** that sucks I better start calling haha

Old 08-02-2007, 01:24 PM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a DeLorean I keep seeing around here, with like a 50 year old woman driving it really fast. It's always filthy, and the lady has that frizz-fro from Dollar General shampoo kind of a thing going on.....strange.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure there is:

http://www.car-part.com/

Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 PM
bigbill23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try junkyarddog.com!!! I used that when finding parts for my moms malibu! Its pretty nice all you do is fill out a form and describe as precisely as possible what your looking for and submit it! Then your reguest will get sent to a bunch of different junkyards across the country. If any yard has what your looking for they will reply to your reguest with a price and what not and as long as you dont mind paying for shipping youll get to pick whatever yard you want to buy it from!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:53 PM

i tried junkyard dog they havent written back its been like 4 months haha, but im just looking for if they have my car and ill see what parts they have, im not really looking for specifics