Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Just got my 2" body lift, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Starting Member
KA3AX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just got my 2" body lift, now what?

I just received my PA 2" body lift, but the instructions sheet says it is for a 95-96 Blazer and my is 97?!?!?!? Also the instructions are very plain and have only one picture for the oil filter relocating brackets!! Is there any installation instructions online that I could use or maybe someone has some scanned or something. Also the Parts List looks like it is missing something. No bumper relocation brackets, NO gas tank filler tube extension, no steering extension?!?!?! Please help

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Starting Member
Default RE: Just got my 2" body lift, now what?

Well, just found the instructions on the PA website: here

But it talks about a lot of brackets and (like I mentioned) the fuel filler hose extension and other things that the kit is supposed to have, which I don't have?!?! Also it says that the there should be 12 of 2" x 3" blocks and 4 of 2" x 2" blocks and I only have 12 2" x 3" blocks, I really think that I received the wrong product. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

id write to PA tech sport or something, i have a pa bodylift on my blazer is yours a 2" or 3" cuz i have a 94 wich is bascally the bastard offspring of the 1st and 2nd gen blazers i got the 1st gen body but my power train is from the 2nd gen i found that out when i had to rebuild the transmission, but when i put mine on all i had to do was extend the shift linkage and modify the fan shroud, mine came with the filler tube extender and a few more brackets that i have no idea what they do cuz the directions never said, i never used the filler tube extender, i will say this tho, you will need longer ground straps i just put a longer screw in one of mine but it is safer to have them on the right way, why would you need to relocate the oil filter? i have the external one and it didny hurt me

Old 07-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Starting Member

Well, it tells me in the instructions to lower the oil filter. The parts list tells me that I should have 1 ground strap. How does it look like? A cable? A bracket? I don't see a ground strap in the package (I thought it looks like a metal cable?)

Old 07-02-2008, 12:55 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah you DEFINATELY want to relocate the oil filter and oil/cooler line or they WILL get sliced and diced from your fan. Sence yours is a 97 then you shouldn't need to extend the filler neck, you would if it wasa 98+ but for the 95-97 you shouldn't. And for the strap, I believe its just a matal peice to extend your negative ground wire from your block to your neg. battery, you should just be able to snake the wire around and get more slack so you don't need the extension. The main things though are the lift pucks, watch your brake lines, and move move move your oil filter down.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Starting Member

Technical Notes for this Body Lift:
Front and rear bumper brackets included in this kit.
Vehicles equipped with Vortec V-6 may require modification of air intake or air intake hose.
Rear bumper brackets are to enhance appearance, bumper cannot be used for towing.
95 - 03 ZR-2 requires modification to steering column mounting flange.
Gap Guards available and sold separately for this application.

This is basically what the web site tells me is included in the package. By the way did anyone deal with these guys? It looked like a good company to deal with and was I think the cheapest, the lift kit cost me $139.17 shipped! I don't know if that is why they sent me a damaged box and missing things in it?!?!?![&:][&:]

But yeah like the description says above, I'm supposed to have the bumper relocating brackets (front AND rear) right?

Old 07-02-2008, 02:26 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Opps, yes you are supposed to have those, I forgot to mention about relocating your bumpers.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Starting Member

This is what the online instructions are telling me the kit is supposed to have. I don't know what to do!!! I don't have like 1/5 of the parts in this kit![:@][:@][:@]

E. Kit Parts List.
Quantity Description
12 2” x 3” blocks
4 2” x 2” blocks
2 Rear bumper brackets
1 Lower fan shroud support
1 Fuel filler extension, 2” x 5”
1 Vent hose extension, 3/4” x 6”
2 Side bumper brackets
1 Warning to driver sticker
1 Logo sticker
1 6ml bottle Loctite
1 Bolt pack BP152
Bolts
12 12mm x 140mm bolts
8 7/16” USS washers
6 3/8” USS washers
1 Hardware pack HP152
Bolts
6 7/16” x 1” bolts
2 7/16” x 1 1/2” bolts
4 10mm x 80mm bolts
2 1/2” x 3” socket shoulder bolts
4 3/8” x 3 1/2” bolts
1 1/4” x 1” bolt
Washers
3 1/4” SAE washers
4 1/2” USS washers
4 7/16” USS washers
14 3/8” USS washers
Nuts
2 1/4” nylock nuts
6 7/16” nylock nuts
6 3/8” nylock nuts
Miscellaneous
1 3” ground strap
1 ground strap (z-shaped)
2 #36 hose clamps
2 # 10 hose clamps
4 2” fan shroud spacer tubes
1 zip tie
1 #12 x 3/4” sheet metal screw
1 Front oil filler bracket
1 Rear oil filler bracket

Old 07-02-2008, 04:59 PM
redneck2725 is an unknown quantity at this point

You stated "You do not know what to do?". I would simply say to return the product and contact the company you bought it thru.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

That looks like the identical parts list to my 98-04 kit I just installed. You don't need the fuel neck extension. Also you will need the 2'x2' blocks if you want your front bumper to match the body...those 4 spacers are what boost the bumper up. The oil filter brackets are pretty straight forward, once you get under there you'll see exactly how they work. The just come with new bolts to attach kit bracket to frame, and you use factory bolt to attach factory oil filter to kit bracket.

It still sounds like you're missing some parts, but the price is pretty normal for your year I think.

Oh and the ground strap relocation thing is just a metal Z shaped piece. On mine it was for the ground strap that's like right below the passeneger side wiper arm on the firewall. I forgot to loosen that one before lifting the body and it got VERY tight. All the bracket does is move the ground at the firewall forward into the engine bay an extra 2' or so to give you enough slack.

My only words of advice would be that most of the deconstruction steps are precautionary. I spent 3 hours loosening hoses, lines, and clamps, but the only ones that really needed loosening were ground straps and ABS lines.

Quick Reply: Just got my 2" body lift, now what?