Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

LED tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 03:55 AM
Blaize70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LED tail lights

where do i get the LED tail lights. i saw an s 10 with them on it and i looked tight. i want them for my 02 blazer xtreme. thanks

Old 02-25-2005, 05:01 AM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: LED tail lights

You can get the bulbs anywhere really. If you're talking about tail lights (altezza, euro, etc.) then they don't make too amny of them for the blazers.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Blaize70 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i wrote the wrong thing i think. what i meant was the like blacked out lights. cuz my blazer is black and i want the lights in the back black so it looks cleaner. where to i buy the like black lights?

Old 03-01-2005, 01:07 AM

Try this site....

http://stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/...CategoryID/352

Old 03-06-2005, 04:35 AM
benzodogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually there is a better way to get the black out look
I blacked out my rear lights and clear cornered my fronts....looks tight
what you do is remove the tail light assembly and take it to a window tinting place, ask them to tint the tail light lens like 20 percent, it matches perfect
That is how a ton of show trucks do theirs..you can also do this with a euro style tail light to make it look even more custom.
Let me know what you do

Old 03-06-2005, 04:41 AM

I've never heard of doing it that way before. But how would the euro style tails being tinted look any different than the stock tails?

Old 03-07-2005, 07:11 AM
benzodogg is an unknown quantity at this point

you know how some of the euros and other custom lights look, with extra chrome trim or different accents in them...a true tint master will know how to tint them...or just cut out black construction paper and tape it over some of the light and see how you want it to look......its cool

Old 03-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

i saw in Truckin' a wihile back that custom shops will scuff up the stock lenses, spray on a clear adhesion promotor, and paint the lenses with house of kolor kandy blue. it makes the lense a really dark red to black color. i thought it was pretty cool.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:29 PM

I've read something like that in a Super Street magazine a while back ago. Only it was on a hood. The car was painted a candy apple color and they took the clear coat from the paint, applied it to the carbon fiber hood so it matched the car without having the contrast of a black hood on a red car. The carbon fiber weaves shown through the clear coat and had a reddish, glossy tint to it. It looked sweet. Never thought about doing it to the talis though. (gears in the head are turning now)

Old 03-23-2005, 10:55 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: benzodogg

Actually there is a better way to get the black out look
I blacked out my rear lights and clear cornered my fronts....looks tight
what you do is remove the tail light assembly and take it to a window tinting place, ask them to tint the tail light lens like 20 percent, it matches perfect
That is how a ton of show trucks do theirs..you can also do this with a euro style tail light to make it look even more custom.
Let me know what you do
or you could just do what im about to do to all my lights...go to a performance store and drop $8 on a can of JDM spray tint. Really easy and cheap. PLUS, you can put as many coats as you want on them in case you end up wanting it darker.

Quick Reply: LED tail lights