Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

LED Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 01:00 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HcHawks09
RangerG the tail lights you have, there are two bulbs in that top "bubble" right? and the bottom circle is just a reflector? how do they look lit up?
That's correct. I only have one picture of them lit up, and it's not a good one. I took the pic cause I was inspired by how amazing they looked when the truck was clean, but my camera phone failed me. At night they are BRIGHT. I can see them reflecting off signs 100ft behind me when I signal.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:39 AM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

Post more pictures

Old 03-03-2010, 09:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I don't mind those so much. The black casing really fits well on a black truck. I don't think they'd work on my truck though. I really do like my stock tinted ones. I think they look awesome!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I'll try to get a night picture tonight if I can. Or sometime soon because I'll be getting it washed.

I like the tinted stock tails too. I wouldn't mind doing that to my stock ones to switch off when I feel like it, but having a dad who is an officer of the law makes it tough to do illegal things to my truck.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:12 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

lol. That's true.
I also like my tinted tail ights, but I want some LEDs. I have been thinking of a way to make a set of really cool LED tail lights for out trucks, though.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cbr995
lol. That's true.
I also like my tinted tail ights, but I want some LEDs. I have been thinking of a way to make a set of really cool LED tail lights for out trucks, though.
Me too! LED boards are cheap and get a bunch of LEDS from eBay and a wiring harness!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 PM

That's not a bad idea. I may need to pick up a junkyard set of tails, and do this!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:37 PM

Thats what I plan on doing. Just gotta keep in mind the regulations. Angles they need to been seen from, brightness, background color, clear lens. Maybe consult a local PD or pick up a regulation book. Good thing I went through police school and had to buy one already lol

Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 PM

I know here in Florida the Brake lights must be red, and visible from 500 feet. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot of regulation. It's still worth delving into though.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 PM

For Sure!

Quick Reply: LED Taillights