Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Lets see some CB installs

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 06:10 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I guess people don't know the wonders of ....

Old 03-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Starting Member
Jonas is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I guess people don't know the wonders of ....

citizens band radio

Is this allowed without any license everywhere?

Old 03-10-2010, 02:52 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

i think so? they are pretty much just high powered walkie takies

Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah...you only need a license for Ham radio's. CB's you can operate anywhere without a license or registration. Truckers are probably the most common users of CB radios.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:31 AM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jonas
citizens band radio

Is this allowed without any license everywhere?
Jonas.. what country do you live in?

If you do not live in the united states or Canada CB radio's and the frequency may be different.

In the united states there are 4 types of cb radios and the"band" or frequency it operates on. the most common is the cobra 40 channel CB radio on the 26&27 mhz band.

another is called FRS "family radio service" limited to half of a watt (500 miliwatts) & use the 462-467 mhz band and are hand held radios.

another service is called MURS (multiple use radio service) limited to 2 watts on the VHF band 151 154 mhz

and the last are part 15 of the fcc rules and are not considered to be a "CB" is the 46 mhz walkie talkie limited to 1/8th of a watt . whats kids use.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Starting Member
Jonas is on a distinguished road
Default hi

Originally Posted by radiokid
Jonas.. what country do you live in?

If you do not live in the united states or Canada CB radio's and the frequency may be different.

In the united states there are 4 types of cb radios and the"band" or frequency it operates on. the most common is the cobra 40 channel CB radio on the 26&27 mhz band.

another is called FRS "family radio service" limited to half of a watt (500 miliwatts) & use the 462-467 mhz band and are hand held radios.

another service is called MURS (multiple use radio service) limited to 2 watts on the VHF band 151 154 mhz

and the last are part 15 of the fcc rules and are not considered to be a "CB" is the 46 mhz walkie talkie limited to 1/8th of a watt . whats kids use.
Hi RadioKid!

Im from Sweden up north in Europe

Maybe I should get one of those CB Radios and see if someone want to talk to me

Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 AM
BF Veteran

Ah...that explains it lol. I didn't know you were a Swede. I'm not sure how CB's work over in Europe. I assume it's the same though, you shouldn't need a license.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Cobra compact radio. Same great name, same great features, smaller package.

Attached Thumbnails Lets see some CB installs-03-10-10_1544.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010, 07:11 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
Has anybody ever come across a antenna mount that can be clamped on the spare tire carrier? I have looked to see if there are any made for Jeep's but I havent come up with much.
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/p...4&categoryId=2

Old 03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jdespain
Cobra compact radio. Same great name, same great features, smaller package.
I looked at those CB's. Seem to work pretty good and still be compact with all the controls on the mic.

Originally Posted by 99blaz
Thats close but not exactly. I was more looking toward one that attaches to the tube part of the spare tire rack. and will actually mount on the back instead of the side.

Quick Reply: Lets see some CB installs