Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Looking for some taillights

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Lilcheef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for some taillights

Hey guys. I am wondering if anyone knows where to find the tail lights from the overseas edition blazers? I was in Europe and I saw a blazer with amber rear turn signals and it looked real slick. Anyone know how to get ahold of some of those in this country? Obviously I'd have to change the wires but I don't care about that.

Thanks guys!
Chris Threlkeld
Lilcheef@gmail.com

Old 07-13-2007, 12:24 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Looking for some taillights

You mean these:
?

The only way you can find them in the US is to get them off of a South American or a Euro import.

Check ebay frequently and see is you can fin a OE replacement company form Britian or France.

I'd suggest going with an altezza styletaillight... but thats just me.

You may want to Check with JST4SHO, I think he may have bough a set off Yoann a while back.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Even after getting the tail lights, you would still have to rewire basically the whole brake/turn signal system as the Euro spec lights have separated turn/brake lights...

Old 07-13-2007, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran

Hadn't thought about that... you would have to run seperate wiringfor the signals.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not only that, but these functions are coupled in the multifunction switch... The brake switch feeds into the multifunction switch and back to the rear lights. You would be much better served to rewire the brake lights and leave the turns alone...

Old 07-13-2007, 12:54 AM
BF Veteran

You know better than I.

Like I said, If you want some new tails, get some Altezzas, not European OE tails... much easier to install

Old 07-13-2007, 12:37 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

wow! those are possibly the ugliest taillights I have ever seen......

Old 07-13-2007, 12:47 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

wow! those are possibly the ugliest taillights I have ever seen......
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I kinda like them myself. Wouldnt use them as they dont look good on a red blazer IMHO. Gotta agree with kyle though, those would be a royale PITA to wire up. I suppose you could rig it up with the trailer plug but even still that wouldnt work exactly the best. I wonder if the overseas wiring can be disconnected at the plug in the rear and connected to a domestic setup?

Old 07-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Lilcheef is an unknown quantity at this point

The idea of rewiring hit my mind actually. I didn't think about how difficult that would be. See I used to be a Jeep guy and the grand cherokee's had rear lights that looked a lot like that and I used to like that look. But it's not worth rewiring the whole thing so I will probably get altezzas.

Thanks!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:12 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be posting up a set of Euro clear/chrome tails in the For Sale section later tonight if you are interested.

Quick Reply: Looking for some taillights