Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Lund Moon Vizor

Old 01-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Beginning Member
zynnad is on a distinguished road
Default Lund Moon Vizor

Hi y'all,

Just bought a lund moonvisor and getting ready to install and I have some ideas and suggestions. The Lund Moon Vizor is the one with 5 lights buit into the viser.

I know some people do not approve or don't like them but I do, anyways...

Please read below and see if you can help.......

Option 1: Mount Vizor and do not run wiring for lights (I don't think so..)

Option 2: Mount and run wires with a switch (OK but not for me...)

Option 3: Mount and run lights to headlight switch (Yes for me, problem: I run with daytime running lights so how or where do I connect for the Vizor light to kick on when lights kick on at night?)

Option 4: Mount and run lights to headlight switch and turn signals to the 2 outside lights. (YES THIS IS MY GOAL!! problem: I run with daytime running lights so how or where do I connect for the Vizor light to kick on when lights kick on at night and how do I run wiring for the turn signals?)

My goal is to have the moon vizor lights kick on when the driving lights kick on when my headlight switch is in the daytime driving position. Also to have the 2 outside lights of the vizor to blick with the corresdonding turn signal.

Can anyone give me an idea where to start?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Step one. Take the visor and place it in a steady hard place. Step two. smash as hard as you can with a sledge hammer until your hands bleed........Step three. smack yourself with said hammer for even thinking of putting that thing on your truck....LOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA just messing with you bro. I guess I am one of those people that
"DONT APPROVE OF THEM" LOL

I would think that you could just splice in to the wires behind the headlights themselves. Just use a voltmeter to find which ones get power at what points and wire from there.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:15 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Your DRL's run off your high beams... so if you do as suggested above, if you splice into the low beams you'll be fine... problem is theyll turn off with the highs... I dont know if the high beams and DRL's use the same power wire.

Honestly, if you want a switch, run a wire to the positive on the battery to a switch... from the switch to the visor, then a wire from the visor to a screw somewhere on the firewall for ground.

*edit* I've researched what it is, and I'm sorry to say, I'm now a member of the "disapprove" group.

Last edited by oktain; 01-29-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

They are marker lights correct, so patch them in to the marker (parking) light circuit. Initial turn on done. To get the outside ones to blink with the turn signals, wire them up to a relay with the power from the parking light circuit on the normally closed side of the relay. Power the relay from the turn signal on each particular side, ground properly and you are done. The circuit for that light will open up when the turn signal blinks. This would cause it to blink opposite of the turn signals, but a little contrast isn't a bad thing. You could also wire up two relays allowing it to blink with the turn signals.

I am not sure if the turn signal thing could be done even easier by just hooking the outside lights up to the turn signal circuit. You could try doing both the power and ground to the turn signals and see how that goes.

All of the wiring you need/want is under the hood.

And... to dimone454:
Originally Posted by dimone545
Step one. Take the visor and place it in a steady hard place. Step two. smash as hard as you can with a sledge hammer until your hands bleed........Step three. smack yourself with said hammer for even thinking of putting that thing on your truck....LOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA just messing with you bro. I guess I am one of those people that
"DONT APPROVE OF THEM" LOL
You might want to consider the fact that he didn't ask for your opinion.