Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

"Luxury" interiors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:23 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Luxury" interiors?

Has anyone done their interior in a more luxurious way? If so post up some pics! This is one of the things I want to do for the Jimmy when funds start rolling into to fix her up. I plan on keeping my truck for awhile so the amount of money going in doesn't matter as much as what I want.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Use search for the tahoe seat mods and such...
Changing the seating changes the vehicle a LOT. You can also use similar sized seats on your current rails (think H3 buckets?) with little or no modification.

luxury = Envoy and Trail Blazer trim for the Blazer/Jimmy BEFORE those trims were stand alone vehicles (2002+)
Look for kiwiblazer's Trailblazer interior upgrade (others did this as well)

swap back seat for buckets and mount custome box in the center area...

re-wrap everything in suede
the sky (read as $$$) is the limit.

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-13-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 AM

Look at you go ABN! Just posting on all my posts! Haha

Anyways yeah I know of the 10 million things you can do I just thought id try and get a centralized thread for others to see as well. I actually find my stock seats really comfortable. Id just like to get the pleather redone with a real leather/ suede combo or atleast 100% leather and add butt warmers. Like I said in another post I want the interior to be comfortable. Kinda like some of these luxury trucks running around nowadays that I don't have upwards of 50k to spend on one.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

oh... I gotcha...
well I'll see if i can dig some things up.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:42 PM

Well maybe some of these other guys will chime in with what they've got!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road

not what i have but what i plan on doing when i get one is to lay down some sound deadener (second skin) and maybe take a note from what these guys said about seats.

also i'd put in a newer dash from a pickup or a trailblazer or something, idk i'd have to look around first. and also i plan on doing something to the doorpanels to update them.

this would be on a K5 btw.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cochran07
................Id just like to get the pleather redone with a real leather/ suede combo or atleast 100% leather and add butt warmers...........
so grab some seats from a '98+ LT truck. it'll have the leather you're looking for, but also have the factory "heat" option you're looking for.

if you hit a '99+ truck (might be '00+ ?) you'll find they have the "memory position" option as well.

personally, i'd stay far away from the suede-especially on a DD-it's a bitch to keep "clean".

Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM

Sounds like a good plan. I think I want to keep mine mostly stock looking. Just want to do things to make it seem a little nicer.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road

thats what i usually try to do, small or subtle things that look like it could have came from the factory like that. (for the most part)

Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 PM

The main thing I want to add is heated/massage seats with a real leather rewrap of the stock seats.

Quick Reply: "Luxury" interiors?