Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

my lovely new dash! check out pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 02:58 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
No.

Just because it comes off easily (the panels/bezel/overhead console doors/etc.) doesn't mean it should be painted.

Maybe something a little more subtle would look better, and a little cleaner spray pattern. I see a lot of heavy spots.
Good eyes TBB...looking at that first and second pic there are a lot of spotty/heavy spots.
As I mentioned before I think the color is gross, but I don't mind the dash bezel painted. I debated doing it for my truck, but I don't think I will since I have the dark interior and I plan on switching my truck to Black at some point anyway. The door handle surrounds are a bit too much IMO too. I would have just painted the door control cover...

Old 10-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Deezy Steez is on a distinguished road

the heavier spots are only noticable with the flash of the camera.. i couldnt even notice them in person,
and sorry no idea that would be double posting

Old 10-25-2009, 11:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well, they sure are green..............they look alright, just not my flavor.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:53 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Deezy Steez
the heavier spots are only noticable with the flash of the camera.. i couldnt even notice them in person,
and sorry no idea that would be double posting
lol..don't take it the wrong way. It's just constructive criticism. As long as you like it that's all that matters...it's your truck, not ours.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:41 AM

haha none taken, i love it! its a lot more subtle in person and ties the exterior in perfectly and thats what i was going for, thanks for the comments too

Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Looks great man

Old 10-26-2009, 07:11 PM

thanks for the comments guys! i bought the truck without floormats and i want to grab a 4 peice set of rubber ones. didnt know if anyone knew of a way to customize them etc? because id love to have them match the dash

Old 10-26-2009, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Dupicolor makes paint you can paint that stuff.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:10 PM

the floormats? it'll peal will it not? maybe not if there are plastic sections

Old 10-26-2009, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

No, they make vinyl paint which double as carpet paint which means painting your OEM floor mats to match... you alread know they fit, and after a half assed scrubb, the paint does the job of hiding most stains (sans oil and such). You just need the paint, a nylon bristled brush, free time. read the can you used on your dash, you said you used the 'Sem' stuff right? it has carpet instructions on it.

Quick Reply: my lovely new dash! check out pics