Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

my newest mod!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:57 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: lookie what I just did!!!!

Looks good, I might eventually make a switch panel where the change holder is too, since I like having the storage bin. I got a couple CD's in there, sunflower seed bag, my stereo remote, and a pack of gum. Plus a pin and air pressure gauge (pen styled manual).

If you wanted to seal it up better but still be able to access underneath it, you could use and black RTV sealant glue thing. Thats what I have to secure the tray down by the cassette player since the tangs on the plate broke off, works great, no more rattling and throwing it in the back when off roading.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:26 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I will resize when I get home. Now I see how big they are cause the computer at work is set up differentl than my computer at home. The whole pic fots in the screen at home with no scrolling. Sorry about that. I will have to go back and resize my other posts with pics too.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:23 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Looks great!

Srangely familiar... but great
I got the idea from a guy on my freinds list on car domain. *Update* I am going to get a neon bar this tuesday and put it in behind the forn grille and hook it up. I will post pics when I am done.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:09 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: davtak

Do like blznlowextreme said, and do it in the place of the change holder. I have alot of cd's myself, but I usually end up keeping them either on the floor in the back seat or in the tray of the center console. All it is is plexiglass, carbon fiber sticker, switches, and I used velcro to keep it in place seeing as how I will have to take itoff in the future to wire more things in. I wouldn't want to glue it in place.
thats cool how you did it. i was wondering hoow you got the carbon fiber plate, i didnt think about a sticker. thats was a smart idea using velcro instead glue or screwing it down

Old 10-29-2007, 04:44 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty slick man, im thinking of doing something similiar down the road but mine is more along the lines of an aluminum or steel plate with ox locker ***** on it . At any rate i thats actually pretty creative, i dont think i would have thought of using a carbon fiber sticker for that.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:10 PM

I was standing in front of the sticker area aty pep-boys trying to decide what design to get. They had the black carbon fiber like I have, a chrome carbon fiber which looks pretty cool, and diamond plate sickers. Thanks everyone. I can't wait to actually have something to hook up to the other switches.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

thats a wikid idea and it looks like it fights right in to...
Nice mod

Old 10-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great!

Srangely familiar... but great
I got the idea from a guy on my freinds list on car domain. *Update* I am going to get a neon bar this tuesday and put it in behind the forn grille and hook it up. I will post pics when I am done.
That's kinda funny... i just checked that guys page out. His plate isn't one of the ones that i made, but it's cool to see the idea taking off.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

*Update* I am going to get a neon bar this tuesday and put it in behind the forn grille and hook it up. I will post pics when I am done.
Wasn't that my idea? LOL

Old 10-30-2007, 12:10 PM

Was it? I don't remember. I remember you saying something about neon, but am not sure. I wanted to do this in the spring because I am going to get some flame stainless inserts and put the red neon behind that. Either a bar or the string and put it around the grille opening.

Quick Reply: my newest mod!