Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Need help With dash on 88 S10 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Beginning Member
Tooshort621 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help With dash on 88 S10 blazer

ok this might be odd i dont know lol. i have been wanting to get a new suv because i have a dodge neon and i miss my s10 blazer. just so happens that blazer is in my back yard. not sure whats all wrong with it now but the last time i messed with it, there is no interior in it at all, not even the dash. can anyone tell me what dash(s) will fit in my blazer im kinda wanting a newer look because i wasnt a big fan of the 1988 dash. but wouldnt mind gettin another 88. i guess what im asking is how new of a dash can i put in the blazer? and if any one has any idea on what that would cost i would greatly appreciate that as well. Well thank you for looking and any help.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

easily, 2nd style first gen dash

Hard, you can make anything fit with enough time and mods.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

LMCtruck.com will have everything you'll ever need It should also tell you which year/s will fit your blazer. But, anything can be made to fit I agree with Neo though that a newer first gen will fit easily but any later than 94, and you'll run into problems. good luck!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Beginning Member

thanks for the help ill look into thaT can anyone tell me about what to look for in a transmission??? im new to the truck world
lol

Old 02-17-2010, 05:13 PM

I got nothin on trannys.. sorry But try searching on the forum. there's plenty of threads that talk about tranny's and their ups and downs. what are you looking for?

Old 02-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Beginning Member

well the tranny went out and i was just gunna buy another used tranny and was wondering which tranny i have

Old 02-17-2010, 05:27 PM

Check the RPO codes in your glovebox. Compare them against a list of GM codes. There's a thread where Swartlkk Listed all the codes....run a search for it lol. My tranny code was "MD8" Which shows me having a Auto 4 speed, THM 700 R4. If you have "MD8" in your codes, you have this tranny as well.

RPO Codes --> Check it out

Last edited by Blazers.B.Kewl; 02-17-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Beginning Member

lol thats great advise but theres just one prob..... I HAVE NO DASH lol

hi all i just posted a new albulm showing the blazer i'm talking about check it out if you like

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-18-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tooshort621
lol thats great advise but theres just one prob..... I HAVE NO DASH lol
I forgot about that! Sorry Umm...I guess you could check the tranny itself. But I'm not sure where the tag/stamp/numbers are. Another member will have to chime in here. Or you could search and find what pretty much will fit in your blazer. I'm pretty sure any transmission from a blazer (91 and older) will fit. I say 91 and older because I think they started introducing electronic trannys in 92 which may not fit. Again someone else will have to chime in. But there are plenty of info sources on this forum You just gotta find'm!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

If it's an 88 and an auto it's going to be a 700R. I would try a junkyard for the dash. Man those plastic pieces are really high new. Besides you can get all the hardware and any brackets, etc. that you'll need. Don't know what to tell you about your wiring harness though. The dash should bolt right in. I have a 84 Jimmy and a 94 Blazer and from what I've seen behind the faceplates they should mount the same. Just get everything you can though. I've seen some with sets of nice gauges in the JY. Shouldn't cost too much. There isn't that much demand for that kind of stuff.

Quick Reply: Need help With dash on 88 S10 blazer