Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Nerf Bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:04 PM
MVPalmer271 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nerf Bars

Hi,

I was debating puting nerf bars bars on my blazer. First off I havent noticed a lot of blazers with them on so I was woundering if they didn't look good or maybe they made the blazers look too low? Also if I did go with the bars I would get the staniless ones with the black steps. Do people clear coat them first like wheels or anything? I know they're stainless, but it just bothers me with them being down close to the road, right behind the tires tires. (Salt [:'(])
Thanks
Michael

Old 04-09-2008, 05:23 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Nerf Bars

The only thing I've come up with as to why most blazers don't have nerf bars is because they are already lower to the ground than most trucks and SUVs, so an extra step isn't really needed. As for the clear coat, I suppose you could if you wanted to, but I havn't heard of the bars rusting much if they're true SS. The mounting brackets yes, bars, no.

And I think they look good on blazers...but I wouldn't put em on a truck I was lowering..

Old 04-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I have Stainless Steel Nerf Bars on my truck for 3yrs now and they still look like the day I bought them. No clear or anything on them. I just clean them whenever I was the truck. Also they don't have dings or scratchs from rocks or anything. Btw I got mine from Suspension Connection.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I have them on my truck. I'm 6'6" so I certainly don't NEED them but I think they look great.

Mine are made be WESTIN. I can't remember whether they are chrome-plated or stainless steel. I have had them for close to a year now and there are no scratches or dings anywhere on them.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:08 PM

Thanks guys, that seals it. I'll be ordering them tomorrow. And wolfpack, if my blazer goes anywhere it will be up(already running 31's) so i shouldn't have to worry there.
NJ4x4 Blaze they look sick on yours. And I also I like how they help cover the blazers low, showing frame. Maybe I'll just give em a quick coat of wax for protection . He He
Thanks
Michael

Otnietdehooo you beat me to the post. Yours look pimp too!!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yeah, Igot mine primarily to cover the ugly frame. I figured painting the frame would help some but the bars looked SOOO mcuh better and I had some insurance money left over from a MASSIVE hailstorm.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 PM

Ha Ha! Ya, I under coated it and it helped, but only so much. I feel this will be a better cover up. I guess I had it all wrong, I was out, and we got hit by a pretty hefty hailstorm and I, like an idiot fled for a gas station for shelter. Next time its going into park. For $1900 a year with a good driving record, those crooks could at least paint it for me... Just Kidding.
Michael