Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

New member help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 12:24 PM
justinjumpstart is on a distinguished road

So im new to this guys so bear with me i have a 2000 blazer ls 4dr 4x 2 with a sunroof when i bought it the trim panel for the sunroof switch and motor was missing now i want the car to look nice so i was trying to find one in the scrapyard but couldnt so i was looking online and the problem is i have no idea what it looks like or what to even use as the search term i will attach a picture so you guys know what im looking at

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-13-2014 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Merging multiple posts on the same topic
Old 01-13-2014, 02:15 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

**Moved to paint body and interior**

Old 01-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough
Old 01-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That does not look like a factory sunroof install to me. It looks nothing like what my old 2000 Bravada headliner looked like. The motor for the roof should not protrude below the headliner. It looks almost like someone replaced the headliner with one from a non-sunroof equipped vehicle and cut it to fit. Could you post more pictures of the roof from the outside & with it open from the top down?

The first attachment is an illustration from NalleyGMC.com that shows the headliner and it does not show a cutout for the motor like yours has. The second attachment is an illustration showing the standard headliner.

Attached Thumbnails New member help-0106284b12-053.jpg   New member help-971210ts16-551.jpg  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Diaita
Now thats the only one I could find when I searched does not have any mounts or a wire harness on mine thats what made me post here

Old 01-13-2014, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
That does not look like a factory sunroof install to me. It looks nothing like what my old 2000 Bravada headliner looked like. The motor for the roof should not protrude below the headliner. It looks almost like someone replaced the headliner with one from a non-sunroof equipped vehicle and cut it to fit. Could you post more pictures of the roof from the outside & with it open from the top down?

The first attachment is an illustration from NalleyGMC.com that shows the headliner and it does not show a cutout for the motor like yours has. The second attachment is an illustration showing the standard headliner.
Well I know its a webasto sunroof thats all I know about but if someone used a non sunroof headliner wouldnt it leave mounts holes for the long overhead console ? Maybe the motor was replaced?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justinjumpstart
Well I know its a webasto sunroof thats all I know about but if someone used a non sunroof headliner wouldnt it leave mounts holes for the long overhead console ? Maybe the motor was replaced?
If you could post some pictures from the outside of the vehicle looking at the sunroof from the top, we could determine if it is factory or aftermarket. Given the sloppiness of the wiring and the fact that Webasto is an aftermarket brand, I am going to say that it is aftermarket. Your best bet would be to contact them about the install and see what they can offer for parts.

As far as the holes from an overhead console go, if your truck was not originally equipped with an overhead console, there would be no holes.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:01 PM

If you could post some pictures from the outside of the vehicle looking at the sunroof from the top, we could determine if it is factory or aftermarket. Given the sloppiness of the wiring and the fact that Webasto is an aftermarket brand, I am going to say that it is aftermarket. Your best bet would be to contact them about the install and see what they can offer for parts.

As far as the holes from an overhead console go, if your truck was not originally equipped with an overhead console, there would be no holes.
I will post one later today thanks for everyone's help by the way

Old 01-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

...As far as the holes from an overhead console go, if your truck was not originally equipped with an overhead console, there would be no holes.
The holes are still there, there just isn't the clips to accept the screws.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:15 PM

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a422/justin_rogers2/Mobile%20Uploads/20140114_192243_zpsa384b388.jpg
Originally Posted by justinjumpstart
I will post one later today thanks for everyone's help by the way
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a422/justin_rogers2/Mobile%20Uploads/20140114_192336_zps4e954280.jpg