Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

new replacement foglights

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:09 AM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new replacement foglights

alright, so i decided to just buy new foglights, to replace the factory one that is rusted out,because i already have to buy a new headlight adjusting assembly, so do you guys know if this is agood brandClicky
its because the price from the
dealership for one of these is 80. also what are good bulbs for foglights because i need bulbs as well,
thanks

Edit- By rabbit0102030- Replaced dreadfully long drawn out link, with a short clickable link.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:59 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: new replacement foglights

Looks decent, its just a factory replacement so it will have the same performance as factory fog lights unless you put in different bulbs. I would recommend either Sylvania Silverstar (regular silverstars or ultras) or some good PIAA lamps. First you would have to find out what type of bulb it takes and go from there.

-Lenny

Old 06-27-2007, 01:47 PM

alright thanks, so where could i get some bulbs like that?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:31 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

AUTOZONE

Old 06-27-2007, 03:44 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^

Every auto parts store carries bulbs.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Edit- By rabbit0102030- Replaced dreadfully long drawn out link, with a short clickable link.

< Message edited by rabbit0102030 -- 6/27/2007 11:47:06 AM >
^^^HAHAHAHAH!!! LOL

Yes Advance, Auto Value, Pep Boys, Autozone, your local 'hole in the wall' auto parts store, etc. should have a bulb for you. If you don't want to dish out a buttload of cash for the Silverstars, you can always go with Sylvania Cool Blue (which despite the name is a brilliant white bulb) which is about half the price and is a very good bulb.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:50 AM

haha yeah thanks rabbit0102030 for the link thing,
and the light bulb thing, i went to walmart the other day and the checker down the street and they didnt have the silverstars/ultras and i didnt look for the cool blue, thats why i was asking for any other places,
im not that dumb lol

Old 06-28-2007, 07:47 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could theyhave just been out of them at the time you went? Checker is a subsidiary of Advance Auto. We have Advance down here and they carry the Silverstars, I don't know maybe different area different product. They are a pretty popular item. I haven't been to an auto parts store here that doesn't carry them, but that is here. Could be different in your area.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:25 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Otherwise you can also order them on the web, just google search Sylvania Silverstars and youll get their site or places that sell them. You can buy them on ebay (i did) but do your research on the seller cause sometimes they try to cheat you and give u used ones or whatnot.

Walmart wont carry them but Advance Auto Parts, Auto Zone, Checker,Napa, Pep Boys should have them in stock or be able to order them for you.

-Lenny

Old 06-28-2007, 12:16 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of weird walmart's and checkers do ya all have around you guys? I got my first set of silverstars at walmart and ive gotten replacements from checker. Anyways beyond the point and off topic.

Like everyone has said just look at your local parts store and you should find them pretty readily available.

Quick Reply: new replacement foglights