Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

NEW STUFF!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 02:43 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: NEW STUFF!!!!!!!!

I would strongly reccomend the Hunter brand brush guard. . . they make a Stainless Steel one too... its 299.... shipped very very good product... check out their ebay store.... Order before 1pm and it ships out the same day.. I got mine in 4 business days... its at least worth a look... Brush Guard SS

It bolts on above and below the bumper... in my opinion it is way stronger than westin's sportsman guard and push bar...
plus a lifetime warranty.... can't beat it with a stick..lol

Old 10-31-2006, 02:54 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

Thats funny cause its the exact one I have been looking at! How hard was the install? Any problems you ran into?

Old 10-31-2006, 02:59 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Took me less than 1 hour to install the brush guard. Did it by myself in the driveway with basic tools. Two brackets bolt to the frame underneath the truck where the bumper mounts. Remove the grille and bolt two more brackets where the bumper mounts to the top of frame. Guard bolts to all four brackets. Very simple to do in minimal time. They accidentally sent me instructions for a Mitsubishi Montero Sport. So I installed in less than an hour with no instructions. Haha. However, they drill holes for auxillary lighting before powder coating, so I had to re-drill them to make my KC Lites fit. You probably wouldn't have that problem with stainless steel.

If you order, get the shipping insurance for $6. . alot of the reviews said fed-ex damaged the product during shipping. I hate Fed-Ex gimme UPS any day. I had no shipping damage or problems... this time......

Old 10-31-2006, 11:32 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks nice, im not a fan of the headlight horizontal bars but it looks good. I dig the tires, love the look but hate BFG's personal experiences ive had.

How long till its lifted?

Old 11-01-2006, 02:09 AM

Well, that's the problem. I have to wait a while. As soon as I get outta grad school, I am parking the Blazer and buying a truck. The blazer will then become my off-road toy. It will be a couple of years, but I am gonna lift it 6 inches with a 2 inch body, cut the fenders to clear 35's and drop a 350 in it.... but thats a while off.... gotta get through law school first.. haha

Old 11-01-2006, 08:25 PM
cody32401 is an unknown quantity at this point

aries makes a pretty good grill guard pretty cheap to around 300

trucks looking real nice you will love those tires i know i did on my nissian

Old 11-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Starting Member
BlackBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Will those tires fit on the stock suspention of the '99. how much did they cost?

Old 11-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Starting Member
BlackBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Did the lights come with the brush guard?

Old 11-07-2006, 10:32 PM

They should fit, they fit on stock suspension on a 2001. . . The lights did not come with the guard.. those are KC Hilites 150Watt Daylighters... they are between $109-$129 on jcwhitney.com. . . . The stone guards were $13 each on the same site. . .

Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good man. ever thought about taking the molding off the doors? lol

Quick Reply: NEW STUFF!!!!!!!!