Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Opinions Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

yup.
And yes, they do come with a set of amber bulbs.

hmm.... even at the price of shipping, they're still cheaper than most other signals on ebay.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Sweet, I'm going to definitely consider getting these in a few weeks for that price. First I'll do something with painting the strip and bowtie and make sure that these signals will still work with the looks once I do that. No mounting issues or anything?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:18 PM

nope, the clips on the signals are the same as the stock signals. Took me 10 minutes to swap.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Quik is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Phil
Spectre- I have to apologize because I'm about to sound like the noob that I am, but could you give me an example of what you're talking about painting? I'm easily confused and have been up for 24 hours. Insomnia FTW!

And I fooled around in paint. Ideas:

Wow- I did not do a good job on these chops haha.

EDIT:
Quick, appreciate the input, but a hood is not in my budget. Once I get my fog lights and exhaust put on I got to start saving $ for moving out later this year. I know PCM4Less could've gotten me a better result, but I know several people who had decent results with Hypertech. I couldn't pass this up for under $100. Again, I really appreciate the input, sweet looking Silverado btw
brian herter from pcm4less is the wholes biggest hack for a tuner. he is very well known to cause motors to **** themselves. I also have first hand experience of his work. I then learn to get software myself and realize how much of a hack he truely was

Old 02-18-2010, 10:37 PM

Really? I've heard nothing but positive things about that company. I have no where near the know-how on what to do with custom tuning my vehicle and there are no dyno-tuners within any distance of me that are reputable.

My gf suggested painting the strip black this weekend, seeing if I like it, then deciding if I want to do the bowtie. And she likes the signals too. She's got great taste (aside from wanting Lambo doors on her 01 Galant), even got me my CAI for Valentine's Day.

So yeah, good plan?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:39 PM

Sounds like a plan, bro.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:53 PM

You think Krylon will be good for painting the chrome? Should I just clean it and spray it? OR should I sand it?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:57 PM

well, I used krylon Fusion. It says right on the can no sanding necessary. When I did my badge, I just cleaned it, wiped it with rubbing Alcohol, and sprayed away!
Actually, the chrome itself is painted on, so I'm not too sure.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:44 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

While you are painting out the chrome, you should do the chrome on the headlight bezels as well https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/slight-headlight-mod-32717/, just a thought.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by foxxie
While you are painting out the chrome, you should do the chrome on the headlight bezels as well https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32717, just a thought.
Wow, I like that a lot. And you just cleaned and then sprayed or did you sand any?

Quick Reply: Opinions Needed