Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

opinons needed/welcome BEDLINER

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Starting Member
xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to bed line my rockers...
Im having trouble visualizing it.

My biggest dilemma is whether I will be able to make it as black as my air dam...and whether I should connect the space between the wheel well/fender and the dam.. because I wanna keep the color on the front bumper and the mid section of the rear bumper.

rims im puttin on and better side angle

Attached Thumbnails opinons needed/welcome BEDLINER-img_0331.jpg  

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-23-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I say go for it!!! I'm going to do mine soon as well. I put it on my xmas list so I just have to wait till sunday and I will have it then I just have to find time to get it on there. I'm using this MONSTALINER? D.I.Y. Bedliner Kit - Black its a little pricey but I have searched a ton of other forums for real reviews on it and everyone has been happy with it and its uv protected and gauranteed for 5yrs. I will let you know how it goes when I get it done. I am going to do the rockers, fender trim thing and both bumpers. I took the air dam thing on the bumper off tho. I will also be removing all the door bumper trim pieces as they are ugly and the liner will be there anyway. I will be building bumpers in the spring and I will do them when they are done too.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Beginning Member
gmc666 is on a distinguished road

i just bed linered my rockers and door bottoms in the summer. i used durabak bed liner and i would never use any thing else. they have like diffrent colors to choose from and it is really durable. if you want to clean it just use a scrub brush. i bought a gallon of white bedliner and it looks great if i can find a pic ill post a few up

here are some pics

Attached Thumbnails opinons needed/welcome BEDLINER-pa-truck-016.jpg   opinons needed/welcome BEDLINER-pa-truck-017.jpg   opinons needed/welcome BEDLINER-pa-truck-018.jpg  

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-26-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:55 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Where did you get that durabak?? Looks great!!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

I just ordered a gal of durabak from durabakcompany.com. It looks like great stuff. Not cheap at $120 a gal, but it does have a great warranty, and it has other uses as well.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Starting Member

thanks rex and JP!

i hope we get some more pictures

Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Before

After

Used Herculiner this past summer. No regrets. Only negative side is it doesn't clean up quite as well as it used to. It still looks fine and hasn't peeled off anywhere. I did the front/back bumpers, grille, rockers and fender flares. (Need to get a pic of the grille, looks pretty badass now that the chrome is covered up.)

EDIT: First pic was with a real camera, second was an ipod. I swear it doesn't look that bad.

Last edited by Little Roober; 12-28-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Starting Member

that looks good!

is it JUST the liner?
nothing over it??

looks REAL dark

Old 12-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Yup, just the liner. No paint or anything. Took me about 8 hours to do all the prep work and a couple coats. From 10+ feet away, you can't even tell It's there.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:05 AM
LucasMI is on a distinguished road

Quick Reply: opinons needed/welcome BEDLINER