Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

options on AUX lighting

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:47 AM
eslhockey92g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default options on AUX lighting

i have a 97 4door blazer, 3"s w/ 31's in need of better lighting. I dont like any of the brush guards for my blazer w/o having to modify the brush gaurd. so i cant mount anythign there there........... may be. I was thinking of an HID kit, but i know w/o projectors they really wont work well. I was thinking about puting 4 KC daylighters on my roof rack. But i wanted to get others opions on how they look up there. I was always kinda of against it but im kinda of out of chioces. I had a set of KATZ hid fogs on the air dam, they worked great untill the found a stump the hard way on a offroading trip. Any ideas?

Old 10-12-2006, 02:20 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: options on AUX lighting

Try the westin safari bar. . . its not much protection but it give a good location for lights. . I put one on, instally in about 45 minutes or less depending on mechanical skill. . . I would advise the KC Slimlites though. . .It's hard to squeeze the full size daylighter on the bar but it is possible. . . . also its relatively inexpensive and you can keep your tow hooks, unlike most brush guards. . .

if you notice, the 2006 ROTM sledneck16 also has the bar

Old 10-12-2006, 01:08 PM

that was my first choice b/c i like that look the most. But i have a 97 blazer, so it wouldnt bolt up, and i have a 2" body lift the top of the bar would almost sit flush w/ my bumber i think it would look weird. If i had the bar and could see what i could do to make a custom braket and mount the bar but i dont wanna drop 200 bux on somthing that might not work.

is there any way u could snap a pick of how that gets bolted on. From what i under stand the 97 and the 2000 style blazer all the bumber gaurd bolt up diff. thanks

Old 10-12-2006, 01:15 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

You could always mount them right to the bumper

Old 10-12-2006, 02:32 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Sorry bout that... i just checked with westin, and they only make the safari bar for 1998-2004 blazers. .

Old 10-12-2006, 02:40 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the westin push bar with kc 5x7 lights let me try to put a pic on
https://blazerforum.com/albumtn.aspx...a862045569.jpg

Old 10-12-2006, 03:07 PM

Thats the only one that bolts up to the 97 style blazer. But b/c my body lift the top brakets wont work on my car. I would have to cut some made for me. If im going that route i would rather try and get the safri one bolted on. I like that look better And about the mounting them to the bumber. I thought about that, i did that on a 91 jimmy and it looked ok, but if im gonna but lights on the bumber id rather have them on a type of gaurd.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:46 PM

That bar looks good. . Whered you order it from.. I might switch mine. . can you get the bolt on brush guards for the lights too??

Old 10-12-2006, 07:37 PM
sledneck16 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm i wonder--are the front body mounts in the same place from 96-05? dont see why the westin bar wouldnt fit---they're very adjustable brackets that the come with (although somewhat flimsy) and its just metal plates--thats why they have drill bits

I'll have some pics of my setup by the weekend---i have 3 KC titanium 130W daylighters coming in tomorrow [8D]--it'll be nice to be able to see backwards when i reverse at night lol!

if you dont want a brushguard you could always just drill holes in your bumper (carefully) and put nuts on the underside....i really like that look--if i ever ditch the safari bar thats what i'll be doing with my new lights [8D]

good luck! --oh and dont forget to show us all pics of what you end up doing

Old 10-13-2006, 01:41 AM

After doing homework. i think that 95-97 all there brush gaurd bolts on under the tow hook. 98-newer it bolts the back side of the front body mount. I think that sarfai bar will work. I would just weld the braket to the frame and it would work just fine, not a "bolt on" but it would work. but the sarfi would be to low for my taste, i like the look alot , just to low i think buts its still very close on my mind. I dont like the grill gaurds to much, they seem to cheap and stick out to far. If i dont get 4 on the roof rack, im gonna put 2 right on the bumber(sledneck16). i did it before and liked it. I just dont want it to look out of place. Im kinda of **** with things looking right and nothing overwelming or out of palce. it took me about 3 weeks to deiced if i wanted to put ventvisor on my car, haha. Ill deff post pics though. I just figured out how to get my videos on my exhuast on. (highflow cat, flow master, kicked out in front of the rear tire though the leaf spring and frame)

Quick Reply: options on AUX lighting