Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

ordered tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 12:26 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brian_D
this melting issue is only with cheaper brands or what?

I paid 100 bucks for mine lol

If that happened to mine i would kill
Nah it's just the design of these ones. For our trucks there really are no good brands and cheap brands, they all come from the same place with the same quality. The higher end automotive shops just charge high for the same thing eBay sells for $100 cheaper.

It's how these ones were designed. The red bulb reflector is too close to the bulbs, so they will melt every single time. Yours should be good though, different design.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
Nah it's just the design of these ones. For our trucks there really are no good brands and cheap brands, they all come from the same place with the same quality. The higher end automotive shops just charge high for the same thing eBay sells for $100 cheaper.

It's how these ones were designed. The red bulb reflector is too close to the bulbs, so they will melt every single time. Yours should be good though, different design.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:29 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

ohhhhh yeeeeeeee. Speakin of LED's. They are going to be standard on cars soon. i would imagine so because they are brighter and more efficient.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Starting Member
98HeavyChevy is on a distinguished road

Those are nice. Have them myself. Also off Ebay. So far nothings melted. Probably the easiest mod you can do.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:18 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I'm going to keep my stock ones until they come out with a nice set of LED taillights for our trucks. I may either buy some bulbs, or make a LED board for them.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yeah I'm sticking with the stock ones as well. The only ones I'd switch to would be the Euro-spec with the amber signals. I really like the TYC tails that Rich (rriddle3) has but I've never been able to find any for sale

Old 04-09-2011, 10:27 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Damned hard to come by nowadays.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Default Got my new tail lights!

MAN OH MAN! I recommend these to anyone who wants aftermarket headlights. they look SO good. I was actually expecting alot less but these things are outstanding. look even better in person!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 AM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Looks good guy. Whered ya get them from? Are they very expensive?

Old 04-16-2011, 11:27 AM

got them off of ebay for about $65 shipped.

Quick Reply: ordered tail lights