Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Starting Member
offroadsandimports is on a distinguished road
Default Paint

Hey guys. I probably need to repaint my Blazer (or at least certain parts of it). it has like sap or something stuck on the hood and some random scratches on parts of it, and I was wondering how much it would cost to repaint it, or if there was a way to do it myself. (I am going for as cheap as possible. I don't have much money right now.) Thanks.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:44 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

They sell cleaners that will remove that sap. Specifically for that. as for the scratches, are they just surface scratches? (clear coat) or does it go all the way to the metal/primer?

if its just the clear coat, you could buff them out, then claybar the whole truck and buff it up real nice with a glaze.

would have that sucker looking real nice, and save money/time on a paint job.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Starting Member

it probably is just the clear coat. Nothing really goes down past the surface, but one of my doors was painted really badly by my dad because he tried pounding a dent out with a hammer, and he repainted that by himself. Other than that, I think that a majority of the scratches are just clear coat from sticks falling on it and things like that. They are barely noticeable, but I am OCD about my truck and I want to make it as perfect as I can. Would it be possible to just paint that small section on the door though? My dad painted it with a brush and it looks weird.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

What color is the truck? you could just paint that section of the door, or paint the whole door and buff the rest if the rest of the paint is in good shape.

Touch Up Paint and Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup
This is a real good site to get paint matched for your car color.
I have gotten from them, and it is DEAD on.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Starting Member

It is black. I don't really want to paint the whole door because the place that he painted was very small. I would probably just paint the door. I feel like black is an easier color though.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Not really, black and white are just as hard to match as others

Old 03-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Starting Member

Yeah, but black is a more common color to find. And shades match up better once clear coat is on.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:44 AM
BF Veteran

as a painter, black and white are one of the hardest colors to match and get looking right than other colors, unless you get into candy colors ect.

But, since its a "newer" truck, you should not have a problem/huge problem with it fading.

My truck is black, and the touch up paint from automotive touchup matched perfectly (1993 is the year of my truck)

Once you finish the door (if you decide to go that route) initially the door will look better. but once you clay bar, and buff the whole truck, it will bring back the luster, and deep black shine the rest of the truck has.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Starting Member

Awesome!! I already have touch up paint. How much do you think the clay bar and buffing will cost...?

Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM
BF Veteran

to get it done by a professional, not really to sure, I have always done it on my own

I suppose it depends on the rates of the retailer

Quick Reply: Paint