Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Painted Stock Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Painted Stock Wheels

I saw this black blazer once with the stock wheels (the tear drop ones) painted black with the tear drops painted bright red. It was years ago but I still remember it looked awesome. I might want to give it a try, but never ever had sucess with spray painting.

How would I start? What steps of painting would I have to do, and since we only have 1 car how could I fit it in with that?

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

There have been one or two threads from members who have done this, unfortunately I can't recall who, or which section they were in.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Aw that stinks, well, I'll search around. Maybe it was one of their trucks I saw xD

Old 08-04-2009, 06:28 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You'd have to look at getting a really good primer if you're not going to get them professionally done. Check out the tires and rims board...I know there are a few threads there of people that have done some really nice stock painted rims.
I've been toying with the idea of painting mine black as well. Unfortunately the previous owner to me was a giant curb feeler, so my rims are torn to bits. I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:34 PM
BF Veteran

I found a good painting guide I might give that a shot someday (soon hopefully)

Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Beginning Member
cz8192 is on a distinguished road

i have those same stock rims (teardrop ones) and im also thinking about painting them black...id like to see what they look like before i go along with it though....

Old 08-05-2009, 07:13 AM
BF Veteran

Well if I go though with it I'll post pics :d

Old 08-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Beginning Member
citrus96blazer is on a distinguished road

i just painted mine black today i dont know if they are the kind your looking for but they are stock i will post pics

Old 08-07-2009, 07:22 AM
BF Veteran

I got different wheels then you but sure i'd like to see pictures

Old 08-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Beginning Member
citrus96blazer is on a distinguished road

here they are in black ,

Quick Reply: Painted Stock Wheels