Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Painting the Vents and Speaker covers on dash??!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 12:24 AM
thoffman79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Painting the Vents and Speaker covers on dash??!?!?

ok i have a red 99 blazer and the interior is black/charcoal colors. i was wondering how you thing it would look if i spray painted the vents and speaker covers in the dash red. ive seen this done in several vehicals..it looks ok but im scared to do it. i dont really want to mess things up lol so hit me up and tell me if you think it would be a good idea. give me your feedback and thanks for looking at my post!

lol alright comeon you guys must have some types of opinons

Old 12-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Default RE: Painting the Vents and Speaker covers on dash??!?!?

lol alright comeon you guys must have some types of opinons

Old 12-26-2008, 03:17 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Please, have a little patience and give folks some time to reply. It's the holidays and lots of people are busy right now. If you want to add something to a post before somebody else replies, please use the edit feature and add it to your previous post. I have combinedyour two posts into one.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:03 PM

sorry sir wont happen again sir

Old 12-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, it will look tacky and bad. But that is just my opinion. I have never liked any painted dashes, but that is mostly because they are often not done correctly (ie. painting over texture = yuck - again, IMO).

Maybe photo-chop the interior to see how it may look when you are done. Would be cheaper than trying it then not liking it.

And if you like how it looks, who cares what others think.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:09 PM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to try this as well but I would want mine to be yellow as mine interior is black as well and my car is yellow

Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Starting Member
brokenfish is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with kyle on this. if that is all you paint I think it will also kinda look out of place, granted the out side is that color but when you set inside you can't really see it so charcoal interior with red or yellow vents kinda looks weird. I have sat in a couple cars with just the vents painted and it looked kinda funny (one was a 2001 s-10 extreme). but with that said if you want to bring the outside color inside I think it would look better with just a little detail color put in. like the vents that turn back and forth not the entire vent itself, maybe some dash ***** with red details, red dash lights and interior lights stuff like that small things. I always thought big spots of color on interior looked kinda out of place. If you do bigger parts like that you should do alot of it basically to the point to where the stock color becomes theaccent color.

I am in the process of changing the color of my interior to black, my blazer is black and my accent color is flat black. The major problem I am having is time and finding out how to smooth my dash (the soft part).

There is a guy on zr2usa.com called untouchablez he is smoothing his and painting his red it looks pretty good and he is a pretty nice guy.

Remember this is just my opinion but if you guys need help on some tips I have done a good amount of research into it.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:02 AM
bob52 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a white 97 with the dark blue interior and i have been thinking about painting the speaker covers and a few other dash and door pannel pieces to match the outside of the car... but i am also stuck on the texture and it looking out of place... i use to have a red 98 v6 camaro with a dark grey interior and it looked great on it... any suggestions?