Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

paniting my lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Starting Member
spankyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default paniting my lights

Okay so i want to paint my 3rd brake light the same color as the car but i dont really no how if some one could tell me how it would bee awsome

Thank u
Josh

Old 10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

It's held on with two screws...take those out and it should pop right off (might be some double sided tape under it, so just pry it off). Then just tape off the light portion of it and sand the rest of it. Prime it. Then paint it. Same steps as any other paint job

Old 10-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Starting Member

can i do it the same as if i smoked it lol but just with paint

Old 10-27-2009, 06:11 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spankyy
can i do it the same as if i smoked it lol but just with paint
It would be the same steps yes. Smoking it wouldn't require primer though. Just remember not to paint over the lights so you still keep it legal with your 3rd brake light

Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Deezy Steez is on a distinguished road

yeah, dont mess with the lens of your third brake light, you'll have a hell of a time getting it saftied if its noticably been tampered with

Old 10-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Starting Member

im from wisconsin so i dont have to have it inspected or anything

Old 10-28-2009, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran

im from wisconsin so i dont have to have it inspected or anything
Either way I wouldn't recommend painting over your 3rd brake light. Regardless of inspections, the cops can still pull you over for that.
I had assumed the initial post was about painting the surround of the light to be body colored to that it blends in well. If you're planning on painting the entire thing, I wouldn't recommend it to avoid problems with the cops. But if you are dead set on doing it, then you might as well just remove it all together and not paint it.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Starting Member

lol im not sure on how i want to do it i still want it on but i was jw cause i seen a truck at a car show an the tail light were painted the same as the car but u could still see them wen he steped on the brakes or wen the parking lights were on

Old 10-28-2009, 02:06 PM
BF Veteran

lol im not sure on how i want to do it i still want it on but i was jw cause i seen a truck at a car show an the tail light were painted the same as the car but u could still see them wen he steped on the brakes or wen the parking lights were on
That sounds like either a special type of tint, or a watered down paint. If you paint your light you will not be able to see through it.
Out of curiosity...what color was this truck? was it black? and had black tails? if so thats VHT nightshade

Old 11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Yo sisk... I was searching in the forums for info about VHT nightshade... How much is it? And anyone use it? What kinda advice you all offer?

Quick Reply: paniting my lights