Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Piece Removal?

Old 03-16-2008, 06:27 AM
MHPrior80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Piece Removal?

does anyone know how to remove the front vent area of the dash by the windshield? im wanting to paint that, i have already removed my speaker covers...just need that piece now to tie it all together...thanx in advance

Old 03-16-2008, 11:57 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Piece Removal?

I don't know exactly how, but you start by removing the bezel. There is four screws in the panel on the bottom of dash. When you get the screws out, pull on it and the clips will release. then there is 3 screws holding the upper part of the bezel, one in the center of the gauge recess and two on each side of the steering wheel. You'll have to tilt the steering wheel all the way down, turn the key to on and pull the shifter all the way to 1 (if column shift). then pull the bezel off and disconnect the wiring harnesses.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:25 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Hrm....last time I had my dash off, you couldn't reach all the way back to the firewall through any of the openings right behind the bezel. He's talking about the defrost vent on the topside of the dash.

I think it's just pressure clips holding it in, but I'm not sure. I've been trying to find the best way to get it out as well, because I managed to crack mine somehow, and I need to glue the sucker back together. The only problem is if you use a flat blade screwdriver or something to pop the defrost vent out, you'll probably crack your dash when you push against it (I did in my old car trying to do the same thing).

There's gotta be someone that's actually removed it before..

Old 03-16-2008, 12:42 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Oh... I thought he was after the whole top of the dash.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:46 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ohh..I didn't consider that..Yessir if you're going after the top part of the dash, then definitely you gotta follow Euro's directions and remove the bezel.

Who knows! I'ma head downstairs and see if I can get mine out real quick...if that doesn't work, the only way then would be from inside the dash.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:54 PM
MHPrior80 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i just want the defrost vent on the top of the dash out...not the whole top part of the dash. i just tried tinkering with it again and still cant figure it out. i remember seeing a yellow extreme blazer on here somehwere that had his painted...he also had yellow gauges too thats when i saw the vent part painted on his dash and i really liked the looks of that and the speaker covers. anyone know who im talking about?

Old 03-17-2008, 02:31 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

The vent pieces your talking about pop off. What you need to do to remove them is get a small flat head screwdriver and carefully pry them up around theoutter edges,be careful because they may be brittle!!