Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Possible front end conversion?

Old 02-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Blazian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible front end conversion?

I know I'm a newbie but I cannot find this anywhere. I'm wondering if it's possible to convert a 97 (sealed beam) front end to a 98 style front end. Has anyone done it? Looks like i might need the fenders, hood and new front. Chevy Guru's let me know, thanks!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 04:56 AM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Possible front end conversion?

Anything is possible with money and creativity. That and it's what makes custom work custom. Drop a line to ZeroPSI, he's pretty knowledgable in that field. Front end conversions have been done for several S10's that I've seen on other forums.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

i know ive seen a kit somewhere for that conversion, but i cant remember who makes it. another way to do it is to go to a bone yard and find a 98 and grab the llights, grille, hardware, and you'll most likely need the core support which everything mounts too. you'll also need to splice in the plugs from the 98 so you can plug in the head and marker lights. if you end up needing more stuff, you'll know where to find it. either way its not going to be cheap, and if you're new at this, it will take you a while to complete it. good luck.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, found it! JBM makes the kit with everything you need. www.sporttrucking.com it goes for about 600 bucks(cheaper than i thought) and you can upgrade to a billet grille and crystal or euro headlights if you want for a little more. i'd reccomend the kit if you're new at this 'cause theres no guesswork

Old 02-15-2005, 03:36 AM
Blazian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default zero PSI

Thanks man, definently helpful. I will keep you guys posted, I will probably end up doing it this summer.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Beginning Member
freakgt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: zero PSI

whats the part number from them on that conversion kit ???

Old 03-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Bgray is an unknown quantity at this point

Junk junk junk...those conversion kits are JUNk. Fitment and stuff is terrible. Way better off getting fendersm good, bumper, lights, rad support etc from scrap yard and cleanign it all up.
Also for your truck you can do a Conversion to the Composite blazer front end, Like the Black oen below, Or even a slick lookin Envoy frotn end..or a Sonoma front end...with a enjoy bumper..like the blakc s10...

[IMG]local://upfiles/1756/4DF45FEDD06444AA821ECE11417319BF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1756/B229F30C727744A4987D1A7A62EE1327.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

LMCtruck.com has all the parts youll end for any of the conversions except 95-97 composite...for some reason they dont carry the grill. They have the bulb sockets, core support, light and corner housings and brackets, pretty much everything for any of the front ends. If you do 95-97 composite headlight conversion youll only need to do some wiring, the grill and the headlight housings. To do 98+ its a lot more parts to buy, and trickier (changing out the core support). I'm just saving up to do the composite conversion this summer, now if I could just save up enough for an HID kit.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:27 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

hey since we are posting about front end conversions (and not to try to steal the thread away!) I've been trying to find a escalade front end for my 01 s10 blazer anyone know where to find that? I've looked on all the sites i know and cant find it!

Old 03-18-2006, 12:46 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Check a MiniTruckin' magazine. I think I've seen them advertised in there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible front end conversion?