Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Problem with new Halo/Projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 02:37 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem with new Halo/Projector headlights

ok, first, i have a 98 2-door s10 blazer 4x4. this question is about headlights. my truck has 2 sets of lights. the outter lights are the standard headlights (9006 bulb). the inner are dual beam low/high (9005 bulbs). the dual beams bulbs are used for driving lights/high beams. the stock 9006 bulbs are 65w, and the stock 9005 bulbs are 55w. i just ordered a set of halo projector headlights housings from ebay. but the housing come with 2 9005 ...??? i tried putting in my 9006's where theyre "supposed" to go in the new housing, but they dont fit. these housings also came with bulbs (2 pairs of 9005's). the bulbs are apparently both 65w (thats what they say on them) bulbs even though all other 9005's ive seen are only 55w (there not econo bulbs either, theyre phillips). i tryed just plugging in both 9005's, but the plug for the 9006 bulb wont fit in the 9005 bulb. i can just cut the plug so it fits, but is that a bad idea? will i fry anything? the 9005's will probably be brighter cause they dont have that little cap on them that prevents them from blinding people. i would be fine with just plugging them in, i just dont wanna break anything. anybody got an idea? can i do this?

i have pix at...

http://blazinkack.home.comcast.net/headlights.html

Old 03-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Problem with new Halo/Projector headlights

thats kinda strange that they didn't make the lenses right. is it a brand name company? id see if i could return them. there should be a high beam and a low beam bulb, not 2 highs or 2 lows.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:34 PM

they are actually some crap made in Taiwan. so its not a huge suprise that they dont work, but its a suprise that the company "hasnt had any complaints yet". i just sent them back for a refund about 15 minutes ago. so everything should be fine. but i gotta buy new ones now and i dont know where. i have to make sure that they will work this time. do you have any suggestions for a place to buy them? or a company that makes them?

Old 03-04-2005, 08:15 PM
victoryredblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think walmart / target both sell silverstars 9006 and 9005 size. I have the 55W ones in my reguler (non highbeam/drl) outer headlights. I think silverstar makes dual mode ones 9006? also. My 55W ones are noticably brighter once I got everything lined up (via the adjustment screws).

EDIT: the company would be Sylvania (spelling?)

Old 03-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Retired Admin

give www.andysautosport.com a try. they have just about everything there.

Old 03-05-2005, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: victoryredblazer

I think walmart / target both sell silverstars 9006 and 9005 size. I have the 55W ones in my reguler (non highbeam/drl) outer headlights. I think silverstar makes dual mode ones 9006? also. My 55W ones are noticably brighter once I got everything lined up (via the adjustment screws).

EDIT: the company would be Sylvania (spelling?)
i meant the housings, not the bulbs. i already got my bulbs, and they are silverstars from walmart...ha ha. i just need to get the halo/projector housings that use 9005's and 9006's, not 2 9005's

Old 03-05-2005, 11:58 PM

ORIGINAL: zero psi

give www.andysautosport.com a try. they have just about everything there.
thats a little too pricey for me.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Retired Admin

www.stylinconcepts.com?

Old 03-06-2005, 03:49 PM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

Expect to pay a decent amount of money for new headlights (especially speciality ones). Ebay is a great thing but it's a gamble if you don't know what to look for within the ad they have there. I'll post a topic about what to look for in Ebay in the 'Off Topic' section. Hope you find some that you like. Good Luck.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:15 AM

ORIGINAL: zero psi

www.stylinconcepts.com?
still too expensive and WAAAAY uglier.

Quick Reply: Problem with new Halo/Projector headlights