Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Putting T-Tops on my blazer?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Starting Member
sasquatchfound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Putting T-Tops on my blazer?

I have a friend with t-tops from his monte and he said he would give them to me. After doing some measurements, it would appear they would fit on my 95 2-door blazer. I have been pondering the idea of doing this for some time and don't think any one has tried this and thought it would look really nice on my blazer. With the moon roofs i can't get them because of the center counsil on the ceiling so thought these would work. Does any one have any opinions on doing this and know how difficult of a project this would be to do?

Thanks, Shane

Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Putting T-Tops on my blazer?

I have thought about this too in one of my many wild ideas. I'm sure it boils down to fab work and how much you can handle. The only thing that would be a big concern would be re-strengthening the roof after cutting the sheetmetal out. You'd most likely have to weld in some extra bracing to keep the body rigid.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:50 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Oh god. I have thought about this many times and have wished for something like that. I had a sunroof in my cavalier and I miss it dearly. I would also get sufficient weatherstripping for the same model as the car they are coming off of so nothing leaks.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Starting Member
sasquatchfound is an unknown quantity at this point

Very good point, so i think if i remove the ribs from the roof of a salvage blazer in theory those could be welded in place to compinsate, right?

P.S. has any one removed the head liner in their blazer? and what is all involved in doing this?

Thanks, Shane

Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

what ya could do is go to a junk yard and find a camaro or firebird or even a monte ss or sumtin along those lines..that has t-tops and cut the roof part off the car where the t=tops mount ,, then you can weld the whole part into your blazer roof as long as your saying you took measurements of the roof..

Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: 2002XTREME

what ya could do is go to a junk yard and find a camaro or firebird or even a monte ss or sumtin along those lines..that has t-tops and cut the roof part off the car where the t=tops mount ,, then you can weld the whole part into your blazer roof as long as your saying you took measurements of the roof..
that seems to be like a good idea

i have also thought about t-tops on my blazer as a wild mod. its able to be done but takes a lot of work. to cut everything out and reinforce it. def would take a couple days.

as to the headliner, someone replaced theirs w/ camo i dont rem who. but after u remove the plasic paneling that r next to it and the handles and such it pretty much just slides out. its basically cardboard stock w/ foam/carpet on it.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:10 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight
after u remove the plasic paneling that r next to it and the handles and such it pretty much just slides out. its basically cardboard stock w/ foam/carpet on it.
What he said(I did it in a 04 blazer)

Old 05-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road

i have seen it on a s10 looks real nice...

Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hold on just a second.... wouldnt it be easier to just remove the crap on your headliner and get a moon roof?? You can buy a moon roof that you know will fit your blazer....

But hey, who am I but the voice of reason =D

Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road

t tops look better lol mucho bettero

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Putting T-Tops on my blazer?