Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Question about Panels over rear seat.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:58 AM
DUDDERS355 is on a distinguished road
Default Question about Panels over rear seat.

I want to install my fork mount for my mountain bike in my Jimmy. Does anyone know if the panels that over lap the rear seats ,when they are folded, are strong enough to do this. It appears to be the most logical place for me to mount it there.

Oh and its a second gen...thanks for any input

Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Are you talking about the spring loaded panels that cover the gap when the seats are folded flat? Those panels are pretty strong, but I'd question mounting a bike to a panel that moves or folds. It seems to me that it wouldn't be secure enough for my tastes. At the same time I've seen guys mount amplifiers to those panels without any problems. I guess what I'm saying is that the panels are probably sturdy enough, but I don't know that I'd be comfortable securing my bike to a panel that moves. I'd probaly build a mount that bolts to the floor.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Are you talking about the spring loaded panels that cover the gap when the seats are folded flat? Those panels are pretty strong, but I'd question mounting a bike to a panel that moves or folds. It seems to me that it wouldn't be secure enough for my tastes. At the same time I've seen guys mount amplifiers to those panels without any problems. I guess what I'm saying is that the panels are probably sturdy enough, but I don't know that I'd be comfortable securing my bike to a panel that moves. I'd probaly build a mount that bolts to the floor.
yep those are the panels and I appreciate the input...

the wife said no go on the floorboard so I gotta figure out another way lol

Old 05-15-2012, 12:29 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

why no to the floor board? I dont know what one of these things looks like your mounting, but can you mount it underneath the gap cover? That way when bike isnt there you wont see the mount, can still put seats down and have full access without hitting on your mount.

Taking the bike put seat down, hold the gap cover up, mount your bike. just throwing it out there, since i have no clue what it is...lol.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:05 PM
aa21830 is on a distinguished road

I like that idea. Would think you could just bolt one of these to the floor under the panel and be good to go.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by skotti
why no to the floor board? I dont know what one of these things looks like your mounting, but can you mount it underneath the gap cover? That way when bike isnt there you wont see the mount, can still put seats down and have full access without hitting on your mount.

Taking the bike put seat down, hold the gap cover up, mount your bike. just throwing it out there, since i have no clue what it is...lol.
I have no ideal why I just said ok for no argument...:lol:
I never even thought of under that panel have to make sure it clears the forks....thankyou

Originally Posted by aa21830
I like that idea. Would think you could just bolt one of these to the floor under the panel and be good to go.
yep thats what I have thanks...my only concern was clearance for the fork but I should be bale to tell that real quick...thanks again

Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DUDDERS355
I have no ideal why I just said ok for no argument...:lol:
Yeah, i completely understand. haha