Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Rear bumper question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Rear bumper question

Ok I saw this awesome blazer and they used an Envoy rear end on an Xtreme blazer. Picture below. Now my question is: Is the rear-middle piece on the Xtreme the same length as the 96 blazer? I dunno if newer blazers got wider or narrower as the years went on. I'd really love to have this, it rox!

Looks sickly Nva wouldn've thought envoy parts would fit on the blazer unless they had mods to make it work ... trying to contact blazer owner to ask them that

Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

i just threw up in my mouth.

But id bet a lot of money that they are the same size. you can take any part off any 4x4 s series and bolt it on any 4x4 blazer you want

Old 01-20-2010, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Ah. It makes sense but I thought the s10 blazers were bigger, or are all these blazers s10's? Always confused me...

Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

oh.my.goodness

We've already touched on this in your other thread. The bumpers are all interchangeable, save for different hardware in some circumstances.

Also on the mix-n-match bumpers with the Envoy and Xtreme.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:09 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I agree, tha'ts super ugly.
And as Gary pointed out to you Craig this question was already answered in your other thread. I don't get why you insist on asking the same questions over and over again. Why do we even bother to answer your questions if you're just going to ask over and over?
The envoys/trailblazers are the same as the blazers/jimmy for those years. It was just a higher trim level they offered which came with some extra features (although they looked almost identical).
The S10 Blazer is actually the smaller of the 2 they made. The full sized blazer hasn't been made since the early 90's though so the only Blazer you'd have to worry about for your years is the Blazer (or S10 Blazer, whatever you want to call it...it's the same thing). From 97 on everything (for the most part) is interchangeable between Blazers Jimmys Envoys and Trailblazers (atleast until the envoy and trailblazer became their own vehicle).

Old 01-21-2010, 07:49 AM
BF Veteran

The S10 Blazer is actually the smaller of the 2 they made. The full sized blazer hasn't been made since the early 90's though so the only Blazer you'd have to worry about for your years is the Blazer (or S10 Blazer, whatever you want to call it...it's the same thing). From 97 on everything (for the most part) is interchangeable between Blazers Jimmys Envoys and Trailblazers (atleast until the envoy and trailblazer became their own vehicle).
Ok. Thx

And as Gary pointed out to you Craig this question was already answered in your other thread.
But at the time I didn't know the envoy was blazer-like I had envisioned this:

I was wondering how the heck that rear bumper would fit!! Then I came across a envoy tht looked like the jimmy, exactly. O_o

Guess everyone has their styles. That's mine

Old 01-21-2010, 08:23 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

The Envoys and Trailblazers were a trim level on the early 2nd gen Blazers. I forget the actual year they branched off into their own vehicle, but for a number of years they were just a glorified Blazer/Jimmy.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 AM
BF Veteran

Ok so it was like the GMC Jimmy Envoy and the Blazer Trailblazer, then they branched off. I never knew that about the Jimmy only the blazer. Cool

Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

2001 was the last year for the Trailblazer/Envoy s-series trim level. 2002 was the debut of the GMT360 platform.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:58 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks for the year Kyle. I knew it was earl 00's, I just couldn't remember the exact year.