Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

rear roll pan

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 10:48 AM
enrybwerd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rear roll pan

so i hate the original bumper and how it sticks out so much, so i found this http://www.eastcoastcustoms.com/cgi-....pl?RP982X.jpg .. the only thing is i'm pretty sure it's made out of plastic ( =\ ) ... so what do ya'll think about this?

Old 09-28-2005, 12:00 PM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: rear roll pan

I think it looks good as hell.

If you don't want plastic, try http://www.godfathercustoms.com or http://www.stylinconcepts.com OR http://www.fbimini.com

Old 09-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

...or id just make one.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:04 PM

make one? how so? .. i don't have all too much time or skills fabricating things yet..

Old 10-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Retired Admin

20g sheet metal + shears + b-ball post + welder = rollpan well, its a little more complicated than that. im a cheap bastard, so i like to make as much of my own stuff as i can instead of buying them. i fabricated almost everything on my sonoma including the stepnotch, 4 link, even the suicide door hinges. i saved a **** load of money by doing that!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:13 AM
chevylane2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been planning to make one myself for a while now. Just haven't gotten around to it since I will have a little more trouble getting it right in lack of a welder.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:40 AM

anyone up for making one for me then?? hah.. i figure im willing to do that route, if it would be cheaper.. just dont know how "exact" it would fit seeing how you wouldnt have my blazer to test fit it on and stuff.. but worth throwing it out there i guess.. i'd try it myself, but school's got me swamped from now until next may at least.. and i really want it sooner if possible

Old 10-07-2005, 03:22 PM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, the roll pan, step notch, and 4 link I was already planning on making myself. Zero, how the F*CK did you fabricate your suicide door hinges? I'm a cheap bastard and I was hatin the thought of spending $300 on that kit, lol.

Old 10-07-2005, 05:07 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

I was thinking the same thing lolo. so zero how did yo do it?

Old 10-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Retired Admin

sorry, i got plans, but im missing a page and my scanner is broken so i cant share them. but it took a long *** time to make them. i learned how to do it at wyo tech. pain in the ***, but definatly worth it! pretty much 3/8"X2" flat stock, 2"X3"X.120" wall tubing, and i forget what size DOM tubing because im missing that page, but it needs to fit s10 pins and bushings inside. oh yeah, a lot of measuring, cutting welding, grinding, drilling, measuring, cutting welding, grinding...it took me about a full week to do it.

Quick Reply: rear roll pan